Arlington, Virginia
Resolved

Update by user Dec 18, 2018

On 11/20 a gift card for the 164.00 was received at my house.

Update by user Nov 27, 2018

As of Tuesday the 20th I got home and finally the gift card was in my mailbox. I am happy that it has been taken care of however it still should not have taken 11 weeks for a resolution.

Original review posted by user Nov 18, 2018

Buyers beware!!! On September 2,18 I returned a duvet set that I loved but was labeled a king and was the size of a queen or full size.

I called the online customer service number (since it was an online order) and they advised me I could return it through them or in store for an exchange or credit back onto my West Elm credit card even though it was beyond their usual return time frame. I went to the location in Merrifield, Va where the store manager was awesome and accepted the return to be credited back onto my West Elm card for $213.04. Approximately two weeks later and still no refund so I called to follow up. I was told that since it was past the return time that I would get a merchandise credit for $164.28 (the total after they deducted the shipping and $25.00 design dollars).

Wait huh? I'm not even getting back the amount that I paid them? Dozens of calls have been made not just by use but the Merrifield, Va store managers and still no resolution! Every time I call I'm told it's waiting to be fulfilled.

I've been told their managers at customer service will call me back, take care of it, blah, blah, blah and never have I ever gotten a call. I even called the corporate complaint line. Today marks 11 weeks! 11WEEKS!!!!

For such well known company their handling of this situation has been absolutely deplorable and borderlines fraud/ theft since not only have they gotten my money for the product, but the product back as well. At this point I don't have any faith in this company following through with providing me any credit back for this return.

They have never had a problem sending me a bill for any purchase but can't figure out how to complete a return? Absolutely unacceptable!

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Customer Care.

West Elm Pros: Style and design.

West Elm Cons: Failture to return money once return received, Lack of accountabilty, Poor customer service.

Comments