Resolved
2.0
Style and Design
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Sep 07

I emailed customer service; they, in turn, reached out and offered compensation.

Original review posted by user Aug 18

I recently purchased a paulo bent lounge chair, a small table, along with a pair of classic cafe dining chairs altogether. The paulo bent lounge chair arrived via west elm's "white glove delivery service" (which i paid over $160 for in the end) and when i took a close inspection afterwards i saw a small, but noticeable scratch on the chair.

when i called customer service, they had a 'medic' arrive to attempt to fix the situation with a touch-up pen. Seriously, west elm - with all your advertised *** about quality, value, and commitment - a touch up pen?!? luckily this "medic" was sympathetic to my situation and said that he would take the chair back and have west elm contact me. With my classic cafe dining chairs, I was able to build one without a problem, but the second chair came broken!

Now, I have to wait another week for them to arrive and have to endure the 15+minute wait on the phone for having to touch base with a customer service rep. All in all, I have absolutely zero faith in this company and anticipate that I will have to endure several more mishaps for my subpar purchases before finally getting over the mess, chaos, and plague that is west elm.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments