Verified Buyer

Horrible customer service! Possibly the worst I have ever encountered.

I ordered 2 chairs and spent over $400 and instead of receiving the two chairs, I received a cheap, crescent moon, plastic wall lamp that they don't even sell on their website. When I contacted customer service, I was given the runaround. For over a month I tried to get them to stop holding my chairs hostage. They insisted that I would need to haul the large box with a cheap lamp and ship it back to them from a UPS store before I could receive my chairs (the ones I paid for).

I run a small business, do not live near a UPS store, and do not have a car, so schlepping this random lamp is not how I would like to be spending my time for a mistake that I did not make. West Elm would rather be out the $5 that lamp probably cost them vs. keeping me as a happy and loyal customer and that seems like bad business and makes me better understand why it's better to shop with companies like Amazon. West Elm is a huge company and they clearly.

have lost touch with caring about their customers and they need to update their customer service on better protocols. According to my own research and the FTC...

companies are prohibited from mailing unordered merchandise to customers and as a customer I have the legal right to keep it as a free gift, according to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). In this case, I would just break down the box it came in and put it on the street for someone who might appreciate it.

User's recommendation: I would just stay away - unless you can buy something off the floor.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

West Elm Cons: Value, Customer service, Rude customer service, Cheap.

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

West Elm Reviews