1.2
Style and Design

I have had the worst experience of my life purchasing my dining room furniture from West Elm. I placed my order back in February, thinking I was taking advantage of a good deal.

The table and bench were both backordered until May. I waited patiently until May and finally got a scheduled delivery. The first time they scheduled a delivery, I got a call at the last minute saying the vendor sent the wrong items to the warehouse. They rescheduled for one week later.

The second time they came to my house but only had half of a table and half of a bench. The delivery folks had no explanation so I had to reject the order. After that, I went through *** trying to find out the status of my order. I've probably spoken to more than 20 reps over the past month.

They incorrectly placed two replacement orders for the table top and told me incorrectly that I had to first wait until June for the order, then until July. They finally tracked down the other half of the furniture and scheduled a third delivery. On the THIRD delivery, they came with only half of the items AGAIN. This time, they came with only the table frame and the bench frame, but no table top or bench top.

I rejected it once again and had to reschedule a fourth time. On the FOURTH delivery, can you believe it? They messed it up AGAIN. I have lost years of my life dealing with this and cannot believe how a national company like this can be so extremely disorganized and incompetent.

I have now been without dining room furniture in my new home for five months and they still cannot put me in touch with the right person to get the order corrected. I will NEVER order with West Elm or any of its affiliates again (that includes Pottery Barn and William Sonoma). They are THE WORST!! You will never get a straight answer.

Their sales trick you into buying items that are forever on backorder, coming from all third party vendors which they have no control over, and none of the depts communicate with each other.

They will first punt you to dispatch, then to customer service, and back and forth, all of the notes on your account get confused. I am monumentally disappointed and disgusted.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of west elm box frame dining table from West Elm. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1000 and wants West Elm to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by West Elm for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments