My husband and I just relocated to Texas and we purchased several furniture from West Elm in late May, 2018. The dinning table delivered late June but the table base was of bad quality that was just easily broken when delivery team installed it.

So a replacement order was made. We waited for another month and the replacement order was delivered early Aug. But the replacement order of base was still of quality issues. The table was not stable.

When gently touching the table, the table was just shaking. Not only the product have quality issues, the customer services are pretty bad and unprofessional. When the base was broken during first delivery, a senior lead from William Sonoma Elizabeth Lin called us to discuss about purchasing another different table instead and said she would call us on July 3 to discuss further. But she never call and we followed up with her on two emails and she never replied.

On early August when we were still waiting for the replacement, I called customer service to check the status and complained about their senior lead Elizabeth Lin who contacted us but then disappeared. The customer service told me she saw the record of notes that Elizabeth Lin mentioned on the notes she called my husband on July 11 but my husband told her he is out of town for family emergency. This is totally NOT true. This senior lead did not give us a call when she said she would and totally ignored us when we followed up with her on two emails and she even made up the story saying we have the family emergency and was out of town when she called.

What kind of customer service was this? A senior lead representing the brand ignored the customers with their product quality issues and even lying about something never happened. We ended up refunding the table and purchasing another different table on early Aug but scheduling with customer service to pick up the defect table for return was another very frustrating experiences. We spent hours on the phone talking to different customer service representative and everyone gave us different instructions or information that was totally confusing.

It seemed like the customer service representatives were never well trained and not everyone knows what they are doing.

This is the first time we purchased most of our furniture from West Elm, but I am sure it will be the last time. West Elm just let us down by delivering a defect product to us twice in a row and showing how unprofessional this company is when dealing with their product quality issues.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Furniture is of abysmal quality, Rude customer service.

Comments