Surprisingly poor customer service from West Elm. I'd expected better from a Williams Sonoma brand.

So surprisingly poor that one can only guess they have many new and poorly trained cust svc reps for the holidays. If WS is treating other customers the way I was treated this morning, they won't have to worry about being too buried in sales.

7 calls to cust service reps, 2 disconnects, one "fail to answer" and 90 minutes later: Apparently a "memo came out over the weekend" that West Elm would no longer refund the difference between a full price online order and a new sales price for 14 days after the purchase.

I bought this piece of furniture just 5 days ago with the explicit understanding that there would be price protection if the item went on sale within 14 days.

Order cancelled. No more shopping at WS, West Elm, Crate & Barrel.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Oh no, Crate and Barrel is part of a different family. I recently ordered a table and wood stools from CB.

One stool was missing the rubber foot, which the delivery guy claimed that he would forward to the supervisor. Didn't happen! I called a few days later and the shipping supervisor managed this issue like a pro (even called back the same day).

I've never had issues with WS family until West Elm.

Pottery Barn has never let me down. Shipping is expedient and packaged well.

crate & barrel is not part of the Williams Sonoma brand. pottery barn is their other store.