West Elm - Broken Bed

Now, I do love the simple design of West Elm.We have a living room, dining room and bedroom set from WE.

We have had small issues over our purchase history such as, stains not quite matching or dining room chairs all the same product but 4 had center buttons and 2 did not- simple explanation was they came from different suppliers- not a big concern for me, who notices? But after purchasing the Morocco headboard with the simple bed frame it began to crack along the supports and the screw bed had fallen out. The wood that cracked seemed dry and even had a different hue to it so, figured it was a defective piece and they would send us a new support. I did not want a new bed just a replacement piece.

In 12/2013, we had contacted WE and they replied it was just over a year and not covered.

Simple does not mean cheap and only to last one year- our last bed was a 1950s frame. They asked us to send pics which we did in numerous formats, none worked(hmm) and even sent the pics to a reps private account (weird but ok). I asked to talk to a "manager" they said there was not one and we would be contacted in 7-10 days. By April, my husband said they were blowing us off.

I tried once more and received a 20% code not to combined with another offer- guess they were blowing us off.

Makes me want to pay more and go with Restoration Hardware the next time.I want a company that backs up the quality of their products.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Furniture Product
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #501101

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with West Elm? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 30, 2015 #965516 Brooklyn, New York

Whatever you do, DO NOT buy WEST ELM! Not only is the quality horrific, but the customer service is even worse.
We had almost identical experience to this customer.
Our Boerum bed (solid wood, mind you) broke after a few months. We naturally reached out to West Elm and after almost a year of correspondence they sent a denying response, after which they stopped replying all together.
Our Boerum King size bed cracked at the foot-board and we are not heave people. West Elm has lowest quality furniture produced in China. They also do not value their customers. The definitely do not consider their own furniture of any quality, because they claimed that the cracked bed is part of "normal wear" in their letter.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to West Elm. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about West Elm.
Filing a new complaint about