West Elm - Broken Bed
Now, I do love the simple design of West Elm.We have a living room, dining room and bedroom set from WE.
We have had small issues over our purchase history such as, stains not quite matching or dining room chairs all the same product but 4 had center buttons and 2 did not- simple explanation was they came from different suppliers- not a big concern for me, who notices? But after purchasing the Morocco headboard with the simple bed frame it began to crack along the supports and the screw bed had fallen out. The wood that cracked seemed dry and even had a different hue to it so, figured it was a defective piece and they would send us a new support. I did not want a new bed just a replacement piece.
In 12/2013, we had contacted WE and they replied it was just over a year and not covered.
Simple does not mean cheap and only to last one year- our last bed was a 1950s frame. They asked us to send pics which we did in numerous formats, none worked(hmm) and even sent the pics to a reps private account (weird but ok). I asked to talk to a "manager" they said there was not one and we would be contacted in 7-10 days. By April, my husband said they were blowing us off.
I tried once more and received a 20% code not to combined with another offer- guess they were blowing us off.
Makes me want to pay more and go with Restoration Hardware the next time.I want a company that backs up the quality of their products.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Furniture Product
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We purchased two mid-century end tables with drawers to use as night stands approximately 8 months ago. When we received them we noticed a strong paint fume smell to..."
- "I purchased 4 Driftwood outdoor chairs last year from West Elm, and six months later they started falling apart. I've written to West Elm several times and the only..."
- "BOBS SELLS REFURBISHED FURNITIRE!!! (See Pictures)I am very, very pleased with my Bob's purchase. My wife and I were looking for a new bedroom set. So in..."
- "Definite scam. High pressure sales--consultant told me to "try the peeling gel for the first week and if you do not like it, bring it back!" When I returned the..."
- "I ordered a pair of faxon canvas low sneakers that were navy blue and lime green. I was originally happy with the purchase and started to wear the shoes out...."
- "We ordered these headsets in the hopes they would allow our polo team's coach to guide players during practice games. We were looking for the same system used by NFL..."