West Elm - Broken Bed
Now, I do love the simple design of West Elm.We have a living room, dining room and bedroom set from WE.
We have had small issues over our purchase history such as, stains not quite matching or dining room chairs all the same product but 4 had center buttons and 2 did not- simple explanation was they came from different suppliers- not a big concern for me, who notices? But after purchasing the Morocco headboard with the simple bed frame it began to crack along the supports and the screw bed had fallen out. The wood that cracked seemed dry and even had a different hue to it so, figured it was a defective piece and they would send us a new support. I did not want a new bed just a replacement piece.
In 12/2013, we had contacted WE and they replied it was just over a year and not covered.
Simple does not mean cheap and only to last one year- our last bed was a 1950s frame. They asked us to send pics which we did in numerous formats, none worked(hmm) and even sent the pics to a reps private account (weird but ok). I asked to talk to a "manager" they said there was not one and we would be contacted in 7-10 days. By April, my husband said they were blowing us off.
I tried once more and received a 20% code not to combined with another offer- guess they were blowing us off.
Makes me want to pay more and go with Restoration Hardware the next time.I want a company that backs up the quality of their products.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Furniture Product
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "These people delivered (2) new leather couches 1-1/2 months late in July, 2008. Tore a hole in (1) couch when bringing in to the room. Since then, they have moved..."
- "We ordered the De Kalb couch in May at the Santa Monica West Elm, we were told it was in stock and should be delivered shortly. Three weeks later,..."
- "I bought a "bonded" leather sofa/sleeper in 2011 with a 5yr Goof Proof warranty. The cushions started to buckle and peel this year, after the 1yr manufacturer warranty expired. I..."
- "They do not respect lifetime warranty. I bought these HID Low and High beam. I did had a replacement about a year after I bought. And next year after still do..."
- " I purchased two tickets was charge for for leaving my bank account overdrawn by $13 not knowing until the end of the park I checked as I took my..."
- "Dont fool with this company omg from 2009 to 2016 the warranty is a scam and there pillow top is a flat top in two months dont waste your time..."