Resolved
2.5
Style and Design

Update by user 6 hours ago

It was resolved by other means. Sofa was delivered

Original review posted by user Jul 06

I bought aBrooklyn 66.5" Sofa, Leather, Sienna a week ago, and scheduled delivery for today. The delivery service came and they brought a chair. When I told them I bought a sofa, they called the warehouse and they realized they had mistaken the labels. The sofa is right there at the warehouse in New York.

But West Elm first lied to me, when I called, saying they didn't have my product in stock, and then when I confronted them saying I was in communication with the warehouse, they said they did not have the manpower. I offered to hire my own moving service, but I only get the same phrase repeated over and over again, "we are sorry, the best we can do is schedule delivery for July 11". Nothing outside of this option seems to be acceptable to them.

How can the warehouse people say it's no problem to send my couch and they apologized profusely for their mistake, yet West Elm does not apologize and hung up the phone on me. When I say I won't be home, they say it was an accident and that they can't deliver it before.

How can this be? I made provisions to be home today and I really need my sofa this weekend.

It is incredibly frustrating not to get a solution offered and I don't like to have to chase the company. This si no cheap furniture brand.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

I didn't like: Lack of taking responsibility for their mistake, No solutions offered.

Comments

WestElmSocialTeam
#1519309
West Elm Verified Representative

Hello, thank you for your post. I can certainly appreciate your frustration and disappointment with us.

I've sent you a private message with my contact information. I look forward to your email.Sincerely,AlisonWest ElmSocial Media