1.4
Style and Design

I bought my daughter a gift card to the West Elm store in Calgary for Christmas, as she is getting her own place and wanted furniture. Ia few weeks ago she went into the store and saw a nightstand that indicated on the tag that there was a three drawer dresser also available and a price ( $1119).

This is the canadian price as the US price online is $849 US. We went in today to purchase the dresser- were told it would need to be ordered. But when the salesclerk went to order, she found out that it could not be ordered to the store. We would have to buy online and pay $275 in shipping.

She assured us that we could use the gift card. As i had signed up to the West elm site in order to get a 15% off my first purchase, and also as I got an email saying everything was 20% online. Turns out, that is only in the US and when I spoke to the customer agent, I got the distinct impression that it was my fault that I did not know this- doesnt say it anywhere.

I also noticed that the price in canadian dollars on the website was much more than in the store ( this is before taxes, duty and shipping)- $1340 AND we cant use the gift card- can only use in the store, the store which carries NOTHING! This is all a bit of deja vu- but the store isnt called Target and the prices are way higher

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Website.

Reason of review: falso advertising.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 30, 2017.

Comments