I placed an order online today, then they notified me that the item is going to be ready for shipment in 10 to 20 days. Which means I could get it in approx 30 days.

Of course this is an item that is out of stock but they won't tell you that. I called them to cancel the order, that they cannot even prepare for shipment and they told me that I couldn't cancel the order! Then they wanted me to talk to their logistic, warehouse or I don't know what. They couldn't provide any good reason for this, apparently I could only refuse the delivery when they were calling me, 1 month from now or who knows when.

Yes sure, if I cannot cancel it after a couple of hours with the item clearly not in their inventory I wonder how beautifully they would handle a cancellation when it's delivery time.. Unbelievable.

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 04, 2017.

Comments

I placed an order last night and called immediately to cancel they refused. Telling me it ships almost immediately after purchase.

I would have to return a return the item.

Which I would have to pay to ship back to them.

I placed the order at 9:10 pm and finally spoke with someone on the phone at 9:30 pm, I received an order confirmation at 9:44pm.

I’m baffled as to why the order couldn’t be cancelled.

Diablo, California, United States #1300876

I recently had a similar experience with west elm. I called the next day to cancel an order that hadn't shipped yet and was told it would be cancelled.

However I received a notice later that items were going to ship so I called again to clarify and make sure items were cancelled. Customer service assured me items were cancelles and I was to get a refund. I got the refund minus shipping charges of 400.00. I'm

still struggling to get this refunded as customer service seems to think these are returned items and they can't refund shipping for them.

Even though they never shipped. Very poor customer service.