I bought a Crosby sofa from West Elm after it turned out that my beloved Room & Board Clarke sofa was too big to get into my new apartment.I loved the look, which had the same scale and mid-century modern vibe.

Within 6 months, the main full-length cushion looked like I'd had it for 20 years. Completely indented, no support, extraordinarily uncomfortable. Rotating, flipping, fluffing... nothing helped.

Now that I've had the thing for almost 2 years, it's dead and done. Like, the sofa is basically unusable -- I don't sit on it, I don't nap on it, I don't lounge on it. Unless I have so many guests over that seating becomes an issue, I try not to use it. When other people have to sit on it, I apologize.

So it's basically just a decoration now. I had my R&B sofa for 10 years and it remained as comfortable as the day I bought it. Sure, it cost a little more, but whoa it made up for it in the difference in quality. Knowing what I know now, I'd rather pay $2500 for a sofa that lasts, than pay $1200 for one that doesn't.

This makes me seriously question the quality of everything at West Elm and it's related/parent companies.I'm hugely disappointed with this experience.

Review about: West Elm Crosby Mid-century Fabric Sofa.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Style and design.

I didn't like: Keep hanging up on me.

Had an Experience with West Elm?

Comments

WestElmSocialTeam
West Elm Verified Representative

Hello Shanda,

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Crosby sofa. We'd like to look into this for you. Please send your order number, and best contact number to: support@westelm.com and one of our elevated support team members will be in touch.

Sincerely,

West Elm Social Media Team

to WestElmSocialTeam #1360957

Do not purchase this couch!!!I have only had my Crosby Sectional for two years and the zipper on the cushions has already broken.

No one,and I mean NO one, from customer service had been helpful.

I will never purchase another piece of furniture from this company or its affiliates.Terrible service and even poorer equality.