Featured 100% full Not resolved
2.1
Style and Design

I used to really like West Elm.After an incident this week, I'll never shop there again.

I washed four curtains according to the tag instructions and they shrunk 3-4 inches - they now can't be used. When I requested replacements they refused because they wanted a receipt or order number. Based upon the time that lapsed and the fact that I got them around the time I purchased my home, I couldn't be sure if I bought them or got them as a house warming gift. They suggested I provide all possible names and addresses of people who could have purchased them.

Who has the time? Stand by your product!! The curtains clearly show West Elm, have visibly shrunk and are now trash.

I've removed my name from their mailing list and will never buy again.Think twice when purchasing there because they will not stand behind their poor quality products.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: I would like replacement panels for the 5 damaged curtains. Velvet Grommet Curtain - Ivory size 84".

Had an Experience with West Elm?

Comments

I have cotton curtains from west elm and just washed them as well, and of course they shrank and I googled and found this post.My curtains specifically are tagged as machine washable and there are clear instructions.

I'm not dumb enough to not follow care instructions. They came out like 6" shorter than when I put them in. Unbelievable.

Luckily I have my receipt, though it's pretty old, so we'll see if I have better luck with replacements than the poster above.

Velvet grommet curtains from west elm are dry clean only.It says it on the care instructions.

They shouldn't take them back. It's your fault. Why would you ever try to wash velvet anyway? It's like someone drying a cashmere sweater and being mad that it shrunk.

You're mad that YOU ruined your curtains and you're blaming on west elm.Grow up.

#1012077

A word of advice.....Never ever put curtains in the drier..ever, hang them up wet and the wrinkles will fade out as they dry.Always wash in cold and on the gentle or hand wash setting.The best way is to handwash them yourself.This way they can last for years.