Received terrace coffee table on 6/22 damaged. Called to initiate replacement and UPS pick up of damaged table.

After waiting 50 mins before speaking to anyone , agent informs me that I would receive replacement table on Thurs 6/29. Evening of 6/29 have not received delivery so again called West elm customer Service. Waited another 40 mins to talk to an agent. Was told that the new order was placed with note that it would not ship until damaged one is received back.

It’s over 70lbs I cannot kid this in my car and was told UPS will pick it up. Representative said the replacement order was updated to ship without the damaged being received and it was due to be delivered on 7/3. An hour after getting off the phone with customer service I received a phone call from my credit card for a potential fraud charge from West elm for the coffee table. Called West Elm first thing on 6/30 and was told that I should not have been charged.

Transferred multiple times before an agent could tell me I would not be charged and my order was not pending authorization and would be shipped on schedule. As of 7/6 the new order was still showing up as “in process” so I called again. Spoke to representative who was helpful and put in a 3rd request for the UPS pick up but he was unable to get the order to ship because it was showing up as not in stock even though the system showed plenty in inventory. He said he would escalate to a supervisor and follow up.

He called lan hour later to update me but no progress had been made. It is now evening on 7/9 I have been transferred 3 times and now waiting on hold for 30 mins to speak with a supervisor. All they will do is put in another request for UPS and that when UPS picks it up it has to be left outside, UPS will not ring a doorbell. I explained that I live in the city and it’s highly likely that this could be stolen.

I was assured if it is stolen I will still be refunded. I said that if I do not receive a call by tomorrow to initiate this pick up I will call my credit card to dispute this charge.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

WestElmSocialTeam
#1519279
West Elm Verified Representative

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry for this frustration and disappointment.

I've sent you a private message with my contact information. I look forward to hearing from you.Sincerely,AlisonWest ElmSocial Media