Manhattan, New York
100% full Resolved
2.5
Style and Design

Update by user Jun 10, 2016

Was resolved immediately, not by West Elm but by the manufacturer (Household Essentials).I found the manufacturer's stamp on the Fibertech board and emailed inquiring if they would help resolve the issue.

They immediately offered a replacement.I am very pleased with Household Essential's responsiveness and professionalism in this situation.

Update by user Jun 10, 2016

Original review posted by user Jun 09, 2016

Purchased the bamboo ironing board from West Elm in June 2015 (product #483701). By December, the Fibertech board had split in half, and now the nose of the board is crumbling. The board itself has been mostly kept open, and occasionally is folded for storage. Clearly a defective product, but West Elm is unwilling to stand behind its product.

Called West Elm customer service today, representative Ashley at the Nevada call center indicated that I'd waited too long to call, and thus they cannot take any action to rectify the situation. I inquired about the manufacturer, so that I can make my case to them, and she indicated the manufacturer is West Elm. Essentially, I purchased a piece of junk that will have to be tossed.

Their website indicates that customers have 30 days to request a replacement due to manufacturer defects, but clearly this is an unstable plastic that degrades over a longer period of time. Interesting (and frustrating) that they no longer sell this product and refuse to stand behind the quality of their product.

Review about: Household Essentials Ironing Board.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Customer service, Lack of accountabilty, Quality, Lack of action to fix the problem.

Had an Experience with West Elm?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion