100% full Resolved
2.5
Style and Design

Update by user Jun 10, 2016

Was resolved immediately, not by West Elm but by the manufacturer (Household Essentials).I found the manufacturer's stamp on the Fibertech board and emailed inquiring if they would help resolve the issue.

They immediately offered a replacement.I am very pleased with Household Essential's responsiveness and professionalism in this situation.

Update by user Jun 10, 2016

Original review posted by user Jun 09, 2016

Purchased the bamboo ironing board from West Elm in June 2015 (product #483701). By December, the Fibertech board had split in half, and now the nose of the board is crumbling. The board itself has been mostly kept open, and occasionally is folded for storage. Clearly a defective product, but West Elm is unwilling to stand behind its product.

Called West Elm customer service today, representative Ashley at the Nevada call center indicated that I'd waited too long to call, and thus they cannot take any action to rectify the situation. I inquired about the manufacturer, so that I can make my case to them, and she indicated the manufacturer is West Elm. Essentially, I purchased a piece of junk that will have to be tossed.

Their website indicates that customers have 30 days to request a replacement due to manufacturer defects, but clearly this is an unstable plastic that degrades over a longer period of time. Interesting (and frustrating) that they no longer sell this product and refuse to stand behind the quality of their product.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $50. The author is overall dissatisfied with West Elm and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about household essentials ironing board from West Elm was customer service, lack of accountabilty and quality Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about West Elm.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare West Elm to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with West Elm?

Comments