Seattle, Washington
100% full Not resolved

We purchased two mid-century end tables with drawers to use as night stands approximately 8 months ago. When we received them we noticed a strong paint fume smell to them. We kept the drawers open for them to air out, and put them to use with a table lamp & other typical bedside items on it. After owning for about 2 months, I placed basket weave place mats on them, beneath the lamps. After a couple additional months, we had noticed that the placemats had left indentations in the paint finish. I contacted customer service and dealt with a pretty rude, unsympathetic William Sonoma customer service representative. I was given the line that it was outside the return policy, I stated that the finish was defective and this wasn't a matter of returns - but a request to replace because of the defective paint. I submitted a claim complete with photos. Three weeks later I received a call informing me that it was the placemats that damaged the end tables. Which is ridiculous - I stated that I have the same placements on Ikea furniture as well as wood finished furniture with no issues. I asked what other recourse there was for me, and was not given any options...so that is what brings me here.

I am convinced that the paint finish was not giving adequate time or didn't follow the typical curing process - which resulting in a placement could damage it.

I also found it ridiculous that they don't allow customer reviews on products so that this information can be shared with other customers. We have spent tens of thousands with West Elm, William Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and Rejuvenation. We've had the worst experiences by far with West Elm in both product quality & customer service.

Review about: West Elm Mid-Century Side Table.

I liked: Design.

I didn't like: Quality.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $890
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with West Elm?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.