We purchased two mid-century end tables with drawers to use as night stands approximately 8 months ago. When we received them we noticed a strong paint fume smell to them. We kept the drawers open for them to air out, and put them to use with a table lamp & other typical bedside items on it. After owning for about 2 months, I placed basket weave place mats on them, beneath the lamps. After a couple additional months, we had noticed that the placemats had left indentations in the paint finish. I contacted customer service and dealt with a pretty rude, unsympathetic William Sonoma customer service representative. I was given the line that it was outside the return policy, I stated that the finish was defective and this wasn't a matter of returns - but a request to replace because of the defective paint. I submitted a claim complete with photos. Three weeks later I received a call informing me that it was the placemats that damaged the end tables. Which is ridiculous - I stated that I have the same placements on Ikea furniture as well as wood finished furniture with no issues. I asked what other recourse there was for me, and was not given any options...so that is what brings me here.
I am convinced that the paint finish was not giving adequate time or didn't follow the typical curing process - which resulting in a placement could damage it.
I also found it ridiculous that they don't allow customer reviews on products so that this information can be shared with other customers. We have spent tens of thousands with West Elm, William Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and Rejuvenation. We've had the worst experiences by far with West Elm in both product quality & customer service.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- West Elm Mid-Century Side Table
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We ordered a sofa sectional back in June. In September the incorrect pieces arrived. In December, 6 months after original order date, we finally got the remaining correct piece of..."
- "We ordered a bedroom set priced at over $1000 and made the required monthly payments per our contract. A final payment was made and we were told by the manager..."
- "10-17-14. Went to American Freights, North Memorial Pkwy,Huntsville Al, Store...I picked sofa, loveseat, recliner for my disabled mother. .I took pictures of the furniture I picked and forwarded pics..to my..."
- "I replaced a Cadet Heater Thermostat with a Honeywell Thermostat (Home Depot said it should work). There were only two wires to attach. I tried calling Honeywell to confirm the..."
- "Car Debt Solutions/cardebtsolutions.com is a auto consignment SCAM! Do not give your car to these people. It will disappear, and you will be out of even more money. Greg Christian..."
- "We purchased and paid over $15K for Kraftmaid kitchen cabinets. Long story short - it was over 18 months ago - we've had SEVEN!(7) replacement sets of doors and..."
- "We thought that the expensive leather construction was the way to go. On the left seat of the sofa, the thread wasn't pulled as tight as on the right seat. ..."
- "Dear Sir I have been using all different types of your products for a long time now. However, today I had my worst experience with your Company. I bought Sally Hansen Ouch..."
- "My van was repossessed over 468.00 on 10/26/16 while i was on the phone with Westlake trying to make a payment. The repo driver hooked the vehicle so the agent..."