Atlanta, Georgia

On 12/19, I ordered a monogrammed ice bucket as a Christmas gift for a friend. I specifically ordered it by the deadline for delivery on Christmas Eve as dictated by the website. According to my email receipt, the item was shipped on 12/21, however, they did not provide me with a tracking number.

I called the afternoon of 12/24 when I had not received the item, however, another item in the same order had arrived. I was told by customer service that the reason that it did not have a tracking number is that it was sent by USPS as opposed to UPS. When I explained that this was not my decision, nor my fault, she said that she was also unable to track it. If I did not receive it by 12/25, I should call back and they would refund me the full amount.

On 12/26, I still had no sign of the ice bucket so I called back. They are still unable to track it or tell me when it can arrive. I was told that if I did not receive it by 12/26 close of business, to call back and I would receive a full refund and a credit for my inconvenience.

On 12/27, still without an ice bucket, I called West Elm who MAGICALLY has no record of my call on 12/26 nor can they find an item nor issue a refund until it arrives. I have already have to replace the item so that my friend would not go without a Christmas present and, as it is monogrammed, I cannot return or re-gift it. When I explained all of this to the person at West Elm, she told me that there was nothing she could do about it and that her supervisor will not allow her to issue a refund until the item arrives. I tell her that this is an unacceptable answer and that I need to speak to her supervisor, she refuses to transfer me and says I should call back and speak with another representative if I'd like to speak with a supervisor. I have now called four times, emailed twice, and tweeted at West Elm with no response.

Comments