Benton Harbor, Michigan

I ordered a buffet and dining table in May. One of the items was on backorder, but it wasn't going to be too much of a delay so I went ahead with the order.

What I didn't realize is that they hold up delivery of one item to wait on the backordered item. Yet they charge for large item delivery for both items. Doesn't make sense to me but I really wanted both items.

Then, the delivery company never called me.

When I called WE to find out what was up, they said the delivery company tried to called me 3 times. That just wasn't true. Pan on a couple of weeks and finally the items arrive. And they're lovely, but the table is just too big.

I had measured it out and marked it on the floor before I ordered it, but once it was in the room I realized it's just too big.

I called to exchange it for the smaller version and was told the delivery company would contact me in 7 to 10 days. (I won't dwell on the part about this being a tedious conversation because they can't exchange one size for another - an item has to be returned and then the new item can be purchased...and I'm still not clear what the costs are.) I didn't get an email notification or confirmation, so I waited 7 days and called them back. They then told me it would be 8 to 10 days from the time when they got the RMA, which was 4 days after I called the first time.

I'm really not sure what's going to happen, but if they just pick up the table and refund my money, I'll be ok with not getting the smaller table.

I'll figure something else out. They're just to difficult to deal with and there are way too many delays.

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Table.

Comments