1.9
Style and Design

I ordered a Leon sofa from them over 2 months ago in the standard grey they offer with the oak frame.The shipping time was estimated at 1-2 weeks because is was not a custom order.

When the sofa arrived at my closest distribution center I set up a delivery time and planned to take a half day from work to be available to receive it. Cancelation #1 (Damaged at Distribution Center): The day before it was to be delivered a received a call that the sofa had been broken in transit and they would need to order a replacement which would take a few weeks. I Wrote it off to bad luck and waited out the time with my empty sofa-less living room. Cancelation #2 (Lost Sofa?): After waiting I received a call that my couch was arriving and I should schedule my second delivery.

I made it for that Saturday. Friday night I receive a call that due to a "Dock Search" they would be unable to deliver my couch the next day and that they would call me when it was completed. I called them the next day to find out what had happened and it turns out a "Dock Search" just means they lost the couch. They told me they would give me a call to reschedule when they found it.

I waited 5 days and received no call or update on the whereabouts of the sofa, so I called to check. I was informed that that they were ordering yet another replacement and that I would be contacted when they had it at their facility. 2 weeks pass with no call and I again take time out of work to call them. Must have been lucky because I'm told "I see here your sofa is arriving tonight.

We can go ahead and schedule your delivery". I ask if they can deliver the coming weekend. They can't. We set a date for the following Saturday now over 6 weeks after the order.

Cancelation #3 ("Wrong" SKU"): The Friday before they are supposed to deliver it, I get the 3rd cancelation call. This time I'm told that they never received the couch because they have been using the wrong SKU number. They say they have updated my order to reflect the new SKU and that they will have the couch in 1.5 weeks. At this point I'm sick of dealing with it and spending my time talking to customer service and planning my weekends around a delivery that never comes.

Fortunately because I've visited West Elm's Website so much all my targets ad's are advertisements for the couch I've already orders. I noticed that the couch they are now showing has a darker wood than the oak one I ordered. Out of curiosity I put the "new" SKU into the search on the west elm website and it turns out that when they said new SKU what they failed to say was completely new color wood.

So now because they screwed up my order three times, the couch I originally ordered now seems to be unavailable.I feel like this experience has gone beyond the worst customer service I've every dealt with and is now at they point where West Elm is Deceiving me into paying for a product I didn't order because of their REPEATED incompetence and inability to get me the product I ordered 2 months ago.

Review about: West Elm Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with West Elm?

Comments

WestElmSocialTeam
West Elm Verified Representative

Hello, Please accept my apologies for your order being cancelled three times! If you check your private message I have sent you my contact information so you may reach out for assistance. Thank you, West Elm Social Media Lead