2.3
Style and Design

My wife and I were looking around for a little while for new furniture being we were moving into a new place. Being that the majority of the furniture we’ve previously ordered was from wayfair, Amazon, etc., we became a little spoiled of the extreme quick delivery process and were a little naive regarding a purchase in-store at a proper furniture place.

All of the shops we went to were giving us 6-8 week timelines for couches and side chairs and we were hoping not to wait that long unless we absolutely loved it.

We decided to try our luck at west elm in Dumbo in Brooklyn.

After an hour or so, we found the couch and chair we wanted and on top of that, if we went with one of the “standard” and “non customized” materials it’ll only be a 2-4 week order and delivery process as we were assured in the store by the floor rep.

WRONG!!!!

We are currently approaching the 5 week mark, and nobody in the customer service or orders department seems to have any clue or update on my order which, when you go and track your order, it shows the last update of “custom build scheduled”.

After being transferred from rep to rep to finally the “corporate office”, they tell me that my order is in a fact a CUSTOMIZED ORDER which was either not in stock or back ordered. The chair which we ordered as well has an approximate delivery time of 6-8 weeks which was from 9/1/19 and the representative tells me on the phone that I should expect it to come around the delivery date of 11/28/19....THREE MONTHS FOR A CHAIR THAT WAS ORDERED WITH A 6-8 WEEK DELIVERY TIME FRAME!!!!

I realized that west elm has amazing and super nice, pretty decent quality from the little knowledge I have products which are obviously purchased at a relatively nice price, and they tell their customers what they want to hear. After the time passes of when the furniture should have been delivered, they make excuses as to why it’s not ready “custom”, “High volume”, “Not in stock”, I can go on and on. Of course, waiting this long for a $2000+ couch you aren’t going to cancel because you’ve waited this long for it anyways.

It’s disgraceful, dis honest, and false advertising. I don’t care much if the customer service reps I spoke to were nice or not, the fact or the matter is, when you order a product with a time frame you’re told by one person in store yet there are stories and excuses going on behind the scenes, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth from wanting to buy more stuff from them.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

West Elm Pros: Style and design, Style of furniture.

West Elm Cons: Everything else, Delivery, Customer services.

Comments