West Elm - DO NOT BUY THE SOFT STITCH QUILT UNLESS YOU WANT TO WAKE UP LOOKING LIKE THE ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN
This is the first purchase I ever made entirely based off of aesthetic value since it wasn't available to experience in the store. I bought the soft stitch quilt online and crossed my fingers, hoping my over $100 spent would be worth it. It was all downhill from the moment I got the package and opened the box.
The quilt was very wrinkly, which was disheartening--- but I figured I would just live with it and see if it would get a little better with some use. Turns out, within a week or two of using my new quilt, TONS of little white cotton clumps started appearing. They're f***ing EVERYWHERE. When I wake up, they're in my hair, on my pajamas, and even on my eyelashes. I'm literally covered in these *** things and look like a sheep/yeti/abominable snowman walking around. They spread, too! Somehow they get absolutely everywhere and people always have to peel the ones I missed off of me when I get to work.
Washing and drying this darn thing doesn't help--- it just collects in the lint trap and with even just one good shake of the comforter, hundreds of these *** cotton clumps fly out. I even spent the better part of an hour one day brushing out the clumps stuck to the comforter with a tiny brush (see photo). See those devilish masses of fuzz?!? Those are each the size of my palm. And of course, brushing them out only helps for a while. 3 days later, new ones appear and I'm back to picking masses of cotton off my eyelashes. I'm getting angry even writing about it now. For god's sake I just can't even express enough how annoying of a problem it is. I wish I hadn't waited past the return policy deadline so I could get rid of this thing.
Let my mistake be a warning to you all. Just stay away from this thing.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Soft Stich Quilt
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I used to really like West Elm. After an incident this week, I'll never shop there again. I washed four curtains according to the tag instructions and they shrunk 3-4..."
- "I purchased the West Elm Delkab brown leather sectional a few years ago and the "leather" is now peeling and chipping off the cushion. After doing research I've realized this..."
- "I ordered two upholstered chairs from West Elm. As advertised, I waited 8 weeks for their delivery. When they were delivered, the minor assembly required was not..."
- "I Shashikant bhange had bought Skechers shoe go walk 3 on 16/03/2016 from Inc 5 store in Vimannagar pune.I used another spare shoes in rainy months. After that I used..."
- "Looking for teaching jobs in Vietnam? Don't go to Thai Binh Duong or Thái Bình Dương center. They stand for broken promises, take money from teachers without telling, lying about..."
- "Our storage unit was broken into in October 2016 - the thief was caught in plain sight by my wife..."
- "My wife and I were told on Saturday the day we ordered our Washer & Dryer the soonest we could get our appliances would be by having them delivered Monday since..."
- "A few things have happened. For starters: one of the bras I received about February busted open about 2 months after I got it! See the picture I attached. It's..."
- "The following letter says it all: “Light University Online leadership promised a group of students, including my family and I, a “lifetime” scholarship and also transferable credits to my local..."