West Elm - DO NOT BUY THE SOFT STITCH QUILT UNLESS YOU WANT TO WAKE UP LOOKING LIKE THE ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN
This is the first purchase I ever made entirely based off of aesthetic value since it wasn't available to experience in the store. I bought the soft stitch quilt online and crossed my fingers, hoping my over $100 spent would be worth it. It was all downhill from the moment I got the package and opened the box.
The quilt was very wrinkly, which was disheartening--- but I figured I would just live with it and see if it would get a little better with some use. Turns out, within a week or two of using my new quilt, TONS of little white cotton clumps started appearing. They're f***ing EVERYWHERE. When I wake up, they're in my hair, on my pajamas, and even on my eyelashes. I'm literally covered in these *** things and look like a sheep/yeti/abominable snowman walking around. They spread, too! Somehow they get absolutely everywhere and people always have to peel the ones I missed off of me when I get to work.
Washing and drying this darn thing doesn't help--- it just collects in the lint trap and with even just one good shake of the comforter, hundreds of these *** cotton clumps fly out. I even spent the better part of an hour one day brushing out the clumps stuck to the comforter with a tiny brush (see photo). See those devilish masses of fuzz?!? Those are each the size of my palm. And of course, brushing them out only helps for a while. 3 days later, new ones appear and I'm back to picking masses of cotton off my eyelashes. I'm getting angry even writing about it now. For god's sake I just can't even express enough how annoying of a problem it is. I wish I hadn't waited past the return policy deadline so I could get rid of this thing.
Let my mistake be a warning to you all. Just stay away from this thing.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Soft Stich Quilt
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "DO NOT BUY ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN'T TAKE FROM THE SHOWROOM!!! We ordered a bed that was "in stock and readily available" and were told that it will take 2-3 weeks..."
- "My husband and I purchased a sectional from Ashley and as the others have stated, the Durablend started peeling. The salesperson had also told us that Durablend was more durable..."
- "I bough the "Charm" Rug, 9x12. Looks great - but it's a terrible product. Not hand-knotted just "tufted", so yarn come out w/slightest pull. There are 1-2cm..."
- "Bought a sofa bed for $500.worthless couch. Had to remove the 3 bags of cushioning from the upper part so I can be able to at least fit in the..."
- "I order 2 crunchy taco yesterday and a smoothered beef burrito with extra cheese. Did not get extra cheese at all and both tacos were all broken. Very upset..."
- "I made an order ....they took my money and I have no clothes and no way of contacting customer service because the number given isn't a working number. Trying to..."
- "I am dis-satisfied with my service at this the Tyler Texas Regis salon. My reasons are; Mind you. It was my birthday gift (to myself)-When I called the salon to..."
- "SW128 Uneven Women’s Batwing Sleeve Destroyed Ripped Slouchy Sweater Pullover Hollow Out Loose Fit Jumper Tops Knitwear Smock SIZE INFORMATION: (Flat-measuring) Bust- 125cm; Shoulder(Dropped)- 64cm; Sleeve- 35cm; Shoulder to hem length(Front/Back)- 52cm/64cm (1inch=2.54cm,1-3cm..."
- "Your store in NJ did honor the $ 300.00 gift card which was given to me from Chicago store for purchasing the $ 6000 worth of furniture last year and..."