This is the first purchase I ever made entirely based off of aesthetic value since it wasn't available to experience in the store. I bought the soft stitch quilt online and crossed my fingers, hoping my over $100 spent would be worth it. It was all downhill from the moment I got the package and opened the box.

The quilt was very wrinkly, which was disheartening--- but I figured I would just live with it and see if it would get a little better with some use. Turns out, within a week or two of using my new quilt, TONS of little white cotton clumps started appearing. They're f***ing EVERYWHERE. When I wake up, they're in my hair, on my pajamas, and even on my eyelashes. I'm literally covered in these *** things and look like a sheep/yeti/abominable snowman walking around. They spread, too! Somehow they get absolutely everywhere and people always have to peel the ones I missed off of me when I get to work.

Washing and drying this darn thing doesn't help--- it just collects in the lint trap and with even just one good shake of the comforter, hundreds of these *** cotton clumps fly out. I even spent the better part of an hour one day brushing out the clumps stuck to the comforter with a tiny brush (see photo). See those devilish masses of fuzz?!? Those are each the size of my palm. And of course, brushing them out only helps for a while. 3 days later, new ones appear and I'm back to picking masses of cotton off my eyelashes. I'm getting angry even writing about it now. For god's sake I just can't even express enough how annoying of a problem it is. I wish I hadn't waited past the return policy deadline so I could get rid of this thing.

Let my mistake be a warning to you all. Just stay away from this thing.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Soft Stich Quilt
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #605008

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with West Elm? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.