West Elm - DO NOT BUY THE SOFT STITCH QUILT UNLESS YOU WANT TO WAKE UP LOOKING LIKE THE ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN
This is the first purchase I ever made entirely based off of aesthetic value since it wasn't available to experience in the store. I bought the soft stitch quilt online and crossed my fingers, hoping my over $100 spent would be worth it. It was all downhill from the moment I got the package and opened the box.
The quilt was very wrinkly, which was disheartening--- but I figured I would just live with it and see if it would get a little better with some use. Turns out, within a week or two of using my new quilt, TONS of little white cotton clumps started appearing. They're f***ing EVERYWHERE. When I wake up, they're in my hair, on my pajamas, and even on my eyelashes. I'm literally covered in these *** things and look like a sheep/yeti/abominable snowman walking around. They spread, too! Somehow they get absolutely everywhere and people always have to peel the ones I missed off of me when I get to work.
Washing and drying this darn thing doesn't help--- it just collects in the lint trap and with even just one good shake of the comforter, hundreds of these *** cotton clumps fly out. I even spent the better part of an hour one day brushing out the clumps stuck to the comforter with a tiny brush (see photo). See those devilish masses of fuzz?!? Those are each the size of my palm. And of course, brushing them out only helps for a while. 3 days later, new ones appear and I'm back to picking masses of cotton off my eyelashes. I'm getting angry even writing about it now. For god's sake I just can't even express enough how annoying of a problem it is. I wish I hadn't waited past the return policy deadline so I could get rid of this thing.
Let my mistake be a warning to you all. Just stay away from this thing.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Soft Stich Quilt
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My pillow.com claims if you buy one you get one free. That's a bunch of BS !!! You can get the same my pillow at Wal mart..."
- "I bought a "bonded" leather sofa/sleeper in 2011 with a 5yr Goof Proof warranty. The cushions started to buckle and peel this year, after the 1yr manufacturer warranty expired. I..."
- "Poor delivery service. Delivery team assembled a bed I bought. Stripped all the screws. Bed was not level, not sturdy and uneven. I have been trying to work with customer..."
- "I purchased this from Value City Furniture in Columbus Ohio. This is what it looks like just 3 years later. Was told I was purchasing genuine leather. ..."
- "They are very deceptive people. I received a letter about a Loan Rehabilitation Program. They letter from Dave Finney, the so-called "Collection Manager" estimated my payment to be..."
- "Decided to purchase a dress - thought the company would work with me on return at least that's what I thought. Dress arrived and is nothing like shown ..."
- "Beware! I would not recommend Gateway Select Properties to anyone! The 'owner' Katherine Work is really a piece of Work! Do NOT, i repeat, DO NOT sign their faulty lease..."
- "I now deeply regret not having checked first with the BBB in South Florida prior to doing business with City Furniture. Turns out the BBB has over 300 unresolved complaints..."
- "I have known and respected Jesse Keyes for over 25 years. Jesse Keyes has a successful list of credentials in his academic and professional life. After meeting him at Princeton,..."