Seattle, Washington

I purchased some pillows with pillow inserts back in March. There was a promotion for pillow inserts - buy one, get one 1/2 off.

The promotion wasn't working so I called and the rep I spoke with said she would place the order for me through the phone and manually enter the promotion. I received the order confirmation but the code was not entered. I was charged for the full price. After I received the items, I checked my credit card as there was no adjustment.

I had been charged the full price for everything. I chatted with two customer service reps and they said they would escalate to their supervisor for approval. Apparently, the promo code had "expired" but it was still on their website. Skip to 5 months later, and I still have not heard anything.

I just got off the phone with another customer service rep who said it wasn't their responsibility to update the customer on the status of their issue. Isn't that what a customer service rep is supposed to? Isn't that your job to service your customers???? At this point, it is not even about the money.

It is about the fact that they don't care enough about their customers to email or call them to update them. They just trick you into placing an order, take your money, and hope you don't remember.

Sounds like fraud to me! And their customer service reps are totally fine with that!

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

• West Elm customer service