Lake Mary, Florida

I recently placed an online order with West Elm. It shipped out a few days later and UPS lost the item.

I called UPS and filed a claim. I then contacted West Elm to notify them that UPS had lost the item and provided them with a claim number. The agent I spoke to was very kind and offered to replace the item or I could wait a few days and see if UPS finds the item. I opted to wait a few days hoping that UPS will find the item.

When the item never arrived I called West Elm and asked for a replacement. The rep I spoke to was not kind or helpful. She told me that I would have to wait until UPS closes the claim before she could issue a replacement and this can take a few weeks. I them asked for a refund and she said I'd have to wait for UPS to close the claim.

Wait What?? The last scan was an upload scan at a UPS facility in Jacksonville, it was never delivered, UPS is trying to find the item, according to UPS they will ship it back to the receiver if found. Why does the consumer have to wait for a replacement or a refund?? I understand the lost item is out of their control, but taking care of their customers is in their control and they failed.

I shop at West Elm for my home and for my interior design company.

I refuse to support a company with this kind of neglect towards customer service. William Sonoma, Pottery Barn, West Elm never again.

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments