Miami, Florida
2.6
Style and Design

Posted to West Elm's Facebook Page:

My husband and I love your products, but your online ordering and customer service are both equally horrible. Almost everything we ordered on Thursday said in stock and ready to ship (We spent over $850, by the way!) Only one item has shipped and it's taking 7 business days to reach us.

I know it's coming to Florida from California, but why do you charge extremely high costs for shipping when it's standard UPS ground? $63.99 for the shipping on my order, and the heaviest item ordered was a cookware set; everything else was bed linens and other lightweight items. (Almost all retailers give you free shipping on large dollar amount orders, yet you charge for shipping based on how much the customer spends. What is up with that!?) When I placed the order, I forgot to add an extra set of pillowcases to complete the bed ensemble we bought.

I immediately called your customer service (within 5 minutes) and asked if the item could be added to the order. I was told no, and there was nothing that could be done. I was forced to place a new order for the $30 pillowcases, forgo using your 20% discount for Labor Day that I used on my main order, and pay ANOTHER $6 for shipping pillowcases. How could this not be added on to the order, I asked?

I was told "the system wouldn't allow it." I've worked in retail before, as well as call centers, and know this is the lamest of excuses. There is always a way! I asked to speak with a supervisor. I was told to provide the best contact number and someone would contact me by Saturday.

That never happened. Your service is horrible, and you certainly don't take good care of your customers. You don't even follow up with them at their request. Horrible service at its finest...

It's a pity, as my husband and I like your products, but we will no longer be shopping with West Elm, Williams Sonoma, or Pottery Barn. You have plenty of competitors with comparable products, and I'm certain their customer service, shipping costs and times will be much better!

Reason of review: Poor customer service, high shipping costs and low shipping speed.

• Terrible shipping