30% of my home goods come from West Elm. I am happy with two of said purchases.

Both of which are un-upholstered chairs that don't get everyday use. The other purchases... well, let me tell you. Our wooded coffee table's top started warping after about a month, and our bed frame main supports completely broke in under 3 years.

(We are both tall, fit people weighing 160lbs - me 5'9" and 175lbs, hubby - 6ft.) I've found that customer service is abysmal (had a not-so-brief obstacle course of an experience with them over the coffee table myself and am loath to repeat the process) and I see online that I am not even close to alone in this. When I tried to go through support for the bed frame, which is an obvious design flaw, I was told "the replacement time fame has run its course". The "course" is 9 months. 9 MONTHS.

For Furniture that should last at least a decade. My ikea furniture, made of cheap composite board holds up better than this crap.

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Bed Frame.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 1 public responses to the review from Oct 19, 2017.

Comments

WestElmSocialTeam
West Elm Verified Representative

I'm truly sorry to hear of your disappointment, and I would like the opportunity to resolve things to your complete satisfaction. I've sent you a private message with my contact information.

Please get back to me at your earliest convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks, Allison.