Washington, District Of Columbia
1.8

I ordered a few small things from West Elm a while back and they arrived within a couple weeks with no issue. Alas it came time to drop some big bucks on this coffee table I'd had my eye on for several months. And then I waited. And waited.

3 weeks went by before I heard anything, receiving an email saying it had been delivered. A few days later I got a phone call to schedule my delivery, so I scheduled a day I could *** of work to be at home. I waited all day and around 6 PM I got impatient and made a phone call. Come to find out, the coffee table had failed quality control inspection and would not be delivered. The nice lady on the other end said they'd send me another one as quick as possible. I assumed because they'd screwed up the first delivery that they would rush another one out to replace it. I was ignorant.

After 2 more weeks of waiting, I sent a strong worded email to West Elm. I was informed that my coffee table was on back order till December. DECEMBER. I originally placed this order mid-September when I was told there was plenty of stock. I cancelled it, so I could get my money back (of course they kept it when they shipped it the first time). Oh and thanks, again, for updating me about this after keeping me waiting.

I still want my **** coffee table, even if I do have to wait longer for it. But rest assured it'll be the last thing I by from this company.

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments