1.5
Style and Design

Update by user Feb 07

So it been 1 week. 3 emails from customer service that this issues is being resolved and someone will contact me.

No one has contacted me. Just the same emails. Also the emails witht he contact information and phone extensions do not reach the person. Honestly, horrible service and HORRIBLE CORPORATE office with out any ability to actually fix the widespread problems.

Have made 3 phone calls - 23 min wait , 33 min wait, and 20 min wait....and still no one. Get another CEO and president

Original review posted by user Feb 01

I am thoroughly disappointed in West Elm. This piece of furniture, Tiled Buffet/Media Console, White + White Wash Item #: 107272 is one of the issues.

The way these issues were handled by staff - the furniture department, the delivery services has been unprofessional. The lack of communication between all your branches (the toll free number, furniture, delivery) is frankly astounding. The number of hours I have spent either on hold (20-45 minutes)or to reiterate the reason for the call has been extensive. Notes were not documented on calls, even though I asked the representative to do so.

The number of times (4) that a defective piece of furniture has been delivered, after resounding assurances that that would not be the case is unacceptable. I have had 4 credenzas delivered. After over 1 month of a wait time to receive the first. Order date Dec 8.

First delivery Jan 8, with continued Issues today 1/31/2018. I have the same issue with varying degrees of severity: the door are not aligned and with any use (1-2 days of use, not even 1 week) the doors fall, and hit the base of the shelf. The appearance: doors crooked, with them either abutting the drawers above or scraping the base. For a 1000$ piece of furniture it is a mockery of what you feel customers deserve.

The first 1/8 The credenza wass delivered and assembled. Upon assembly I noticed all the doors were uneven. The delivery men attempted to drill the doors in an attempt to fix it. They were unable to do so, took photos After explaining the situation to customer service representative (20 min wait) and furniture department rep (another 20-130 min wait) a furniture expert came and examined the piece.

He stated that hinges were not attached properly and a new piece had to be sent 1/12 -1/17 After multiple rescheduling issues due to inclement weather, the second piece was delivered on 1/17 Once again the the credenza had issues. The delivery men attempted to re align the doors. This time the issues was more severe and the doors were unable to be opened without either hitting the drawers above or the base at the bottom. I called west elm, asked to speak with a supervisor.

They mentioned that it may be a manufacturing issue, and that they will have another piece examined at the furniture department before having it shipped out. I asked for the conversation to be documented in writing. 3rd delivery 1/22 The delivery men attempted to fix the old piece. Was unable to do so.

They took out the new piece, before even attaching the base, it was noted the doors were not aligned, once again the doors scraped the base when opened. They repacked the new credenza and were about to leave when I noticed they had left the 3 doors hanging loose on the credenza still at my house. I asked them to at least place it in the same condition it was in before. After they left, I noticed he had not done so, and the doors were sliding off the hinges.

I called him to come back. I have 2 small children at home and this is a potential hazard, He said he would call the main base and let me know. He never did. Called west elm 9am Spoke with furniture manager Juliana - this as after a 1 hour wait.

I explained the previous events since the issues had not been documented. I told her clearly the piece was not examined before. It is a waste of time to have damaged furniture being delivered. Each time my husband or I have to take off of work to await delivery.

I told her that the delivery men had left the credenza in an unsafe condition. She said she would get back to me. She did not. At 6pm the same day I called again - and had another 1 hour wait time between customer service, furniture dept, scheduling department and back to the furniture department.

Spoke with heather 855 225 9905 7165049 She said a new piece will have a special inspection, and will only be sent if it is in usable condition. She stated that it was unfortunate that the delivery men had left the old credenza in such a poor condition, and after repeated explanations of the problem, decided to have it picked up 4th delivery: 1/29 The piece was delivered and assembled, the doors were aligned. After opening and closing it a few times that same day the middle door has dropped - leading to a large gap above, and scraping of the base. In addition to all of the issues with the credenza, the mirrors were missing the hardware.

I had called on 1/8 to speak to a representative regarding this. She stated that hardware would be sent and received in the next few days. It was never recieved. Called again and was told the order for replacement parts was not placed and a new mirror had to be sent.

Now 3 weeks later (1/31) the mirror has been delivered. Since I am unable to take yet another day off of work, the boxes have not been inspected. I am beyond disappointed, and astounded that a piece of furniture (credenza) that costs $1000 is this poorly manufactured. The wait time, miscommunication, and overall experience has been one of the worst I have had.

If there are issues with a piece, do not sell it.

If there have been repeated complaints, have a reasonable solution. I can not fathom having to spend this much money and TIME on such a matter.

Review about: Chest Of Drawers.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Your inability to provide a product or solution for any issue.

Comments

WestElmSocialTeam
West Elm Verified Representative

Hello- Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us, I'm truly sorry to hear it's been such a poor one. I've sent you a private message with my contact information so I can help.-Thank You-Sharla