Bend, Oregon

This is not a review for the West Elm store, it's a review for West Elm online. I will never shop online at West Elm again.

We received several wedding presents from here. First the Emmerson Reclaimed Wood Table. It was a nightmare to get it delivered, as West Elm called my husband over and over and put HIM on hold when he answered. After it finally came, we realized that it was a veneer of reclaimed wood, possibly over other reclaimed wood, but the gaps between the boards were big enough that food could fall in. Not the kind of quality we expected at all. We sent it back, again spending a lot of time on the phone to get the pick up scheduled.

Next, we received a set of the Organic Shaped Dishwater in white. We've had the set for just over a month. So far, a bowl has chipped when it bumped into another bowl, a bowl has cracked for no reason, and a bowl has split in half when dropped accidentally into the sink. Again, nowhere near the quality I expected. I am currently on the phone trying get the replacements for the others. I've been on the phone for 40 minutes. The rep is very nice, however, he is still unclear whether the merchandise credit for my returns 3 weeks ago has been mailed. I can't tell you how much time I've spent on the phone trying to fix simple issues, or get questions answered, and been given wrong info, or the reps simply don't have info.

The combination of poor service and poor quality means that as soon as this return fiasco is over, I'll never shop at West Elm again. The stuff looks good, but it's not worth it.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments