DO NOT BUY ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN'T TAKE FROM THE SHOWROOM!!!
We ordered a bed that was "in stock and readily available" and were told that it will take 2-3 weeks do deliver it. The shipping company would contact us when it's close by. 2 (!) Months later we were told that the item hasn't shipped yet, but we should definitely get it in another 1.5 weeks.
Problem is - the bed is exactly the kind we need so we agree to wait.
Time goes by. No communication either from W.Elm or the shipping company. Call W.E. Customer Service - they sound surprised and tell me that the item is "on the loading doc" of the Excel Shipping and I should have been notified by now.
"How long has it been there?" - more than a week!
Call Excel - they are very nice and helpful. Yes - they have 2 out of 4 (!) pieces (by my count it should be 7 all together). Apparently those have been collected around the country in various warehouses like a furniture scavenger hunt. Excel has no idea When they will get all of them - Only West Elm knows that delicious secret.
Call West Elm again - "Yes the pieces have been shipped". It will be another 2 weeks. Customer Service is polite but annoyed at me for being tired sleeping on the floor.
I understand their frustration - People demanding the items necessary for basic creature comfort are the worst.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I bought a "bonded" leather sofa/sleeper in 2011 with a 5yr Goof Proof warranty. The cushions started to buckle and peel this year, after the 1yr manufacturer warranty expired. I..."
- "Purchased the bamboo ironing board from West Elm in June 2015 (product #483701). By December, the Fibertech board had split in half, and now the nose of the board is..."
- "I ordered 4 bar stools from west elm and when I received them the seat colors are totally different than in the web page and on a model in a..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "After getting through their phone system I finally got to a human. I ordered a timing chain set for my van that was claimed to be a Cloyes Gear &..."
- "A caution to anyone shipping UPS. When you take your packages to a UPS store be sure to stand there and read EVERY LINE of the paper they give you...."
- "I was told at 10pm that no vehicles were available so I rennted from Avis. After returning my rental vehicle to Avis at 4am the next day I decided..."
- "Seatle home with Custom 5 lite bay window (west facing). the window frame / casing is literally rotting itself out. It was properly installed, but not holding up to real..."
- "Desteenation T Shirt Company (www.desteenation.com) based in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle, Washington claims to share revenues of its t-shirt sales with the local business the t-shirt represents. They..."