DO NOT BUY ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN'T TAKE FROM THE SHOWROOM!!!
We ordered a bed that was "in stock and readily available" and were told that it will take 2-3 weeks do deliver it. The shipping company would contact us when it's close by. 2 (!) Months later we were told that the item hasn't shipped yet, but we should definitely get it in another 1.5 weeks.
Problem is - the bed is exactly the kind we need so we agree to wait.
Time goes by. No communication either from W.Elm or the shipping company. Call W.E. Customer Service - they sound surprised and tell me that the item is "on the loading doc" of the Excel Shipping and I should have been notified by now.
"How long has it been there?" - more than a week!
Call Excel - they are very nice and helpful. Yes - they have 2 out of 4 (!) pieces (by my count it should be 7 all together). Apparently those have been collected around the country in various warehouses like a furniture scavenger hunt. Excel has no idea When they will get all of them - Only West Elm knows that delicious secret.
Call West Elm again - "Yes the pieces have been shipped". It will be another 2 weeks. Customer Service is polite but annoyed at me for being tired sleeping on the floor.
I understand their frustration - People demanding the items necessary for basic creature comfort are the worst.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I spent over $4000 on the second most expensive tempurpedic mattress in the store. When we got the mattress, we noticed it has several old, dirty stains. They mattress did..."
- " Upon purchasing the 2 for 1 product, king size, I noticed an obvious difference in the amount of filling in both pillows. I opted..."
- "The "10 year warranty" is a load of BS. After a month, the seam in my pillow opened up and the fill started to spill out. I called the company..."
- " my family and I decided to have a Saturday lunch at our local Denny's we were all looking forward to the soup and salad which our favorite soup is..."
- "Green line appeared 1 year after purchase. I contacted VIZIO and told them that purchase was a year ago and may be out of warranty. They assured me that even..."
- "I worked with a few different companies in the sports industry then these jokers at Hole in One International Odds on Promotions came around when I was a bit..."
- "They do not respect lifetime warranty. I bought these HID Low and High beam. I did had a replacement about a year after I bought. And next year after still do..."
- " I purchased two tickets was charge for for leaving my bank account overdrawn by $13 not knowing until the end of the park I checked as I took my..."
- "I was denied service cause the cashier/manager said I was Hispanic. And I have it recorded mind you he was an Hindu decent. I still shocked of his remarks and..."