West Elm - In Stock - doesn't mean You'll get it

We ordered a bed that was "in stock and readily available" and were told that it will take 2-3 weeks do deliver it. The shipping company would contact us when it's close by. 2 (!) Months later we were told that the item hasn't shipped yet, but we should definitely get it in another 1.5 weeks.

Problem is - the bed is exactly the kind we need so we agree to wait.

Time goes by. No communication either from W.Elm or the shipping company. Call W.E. Customer Service - they sound surprised and tell me that the item is "on the loading doc" of the Excel Shipping and I should have been notified by now.

"How long has it been there?" - more than a week!

Call Excel - they are very nice and helpful. Yes - they have 2 out of 4 (!) pieces (by my count it should be 7 all together). Apparently those have been collected around the country in various warehouses like a furniture scavenger hunt. Excel has no idea When they will get all of them - Only West Elm knows that delicious secret.

Call West Elm again - "Yes the pieces have been shipped". It will be another 2 weeks. Customer Service is polite but annoyed at me for being tired sleeping on the floor.

I understand their frustration - People demanding the items necessary for basic creature comfort are the worst.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to West Elm. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about West Elm.
Filing a new complaint about