1.2

I ordered a sofa and chaise in early April, timing the order to be received in our vacation home in Florida in June. The salesperson confirmed with us that the order would be delivered within 8-10 weeks which coincided with our vacation.

Our work schedules do not provide flexibility, so we did our best to coordinate all of this. When I checked in on my order, I was told that it was actually going to be at least 10-12 weeks. I called customer service several times trying to get a confirmed date, and now in the 13th week after my order I was told it would come next week. We are no longer in Florida.

This all seems benign, but when I spend $2500 on a piece of furniture I feel that I am entering a contract with the business to fulfill their side of the bargain which includes delivery on time. I am now in the position of putting the furniture on hold for 90 days, traveling back to Florida (a 24 hour drive) in August with the hopes that we can get delivery and the items will not be damaged in storage. Now, the company will not provide me guarantee of the hold (only allowing 30 days). I was told I could call every 30 days to request the hold be extended.

If I thought I could go to another vendor now and find a couch that we could get by mid-August I would cancel my order with West Elm. However I fear that I would just begin this cycle again with another company. If you choose to order from West Elm, be sure that you are very flexible about when you can have your items delivered.

Give yourself a couple of extra weeks. And when promises are made - be wary!

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

WestElmSocialTeam

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear about this experience. I would like the opportunity to assist you in making this right.

If you would like further assistance i have attached my contact information below.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Kristina Seaver

Social Media Team Lead | Williams-Sonoma Inc. | 1-888-779-5172 EXT: 7044339 | kseaver@wsgc.com | Tuesday-Saturday 8:30AM-5:00PM (PST)