San Francisco, California
1.6
Style and Design

I had been happy West Elm costumer since its inception, having ordered other furniture in the past, but after my latest experience, I will never shop there again. I placed an order for a futon on 8/12/16 and it was finally delivered on 10/12/16.

That weekend my husband tried to assemble the frame, but it turns out that the pre-drilled holes were not properly aligned. I called customer service to report this issue and was told that the defective futon would be picked up and the replacement would be delivered on 11/5/16. Today (11/3/16), I contacted customer service again because I have not received any confirmation of the pick-up/delivery. I was told that nothing would happen on 11/5/16 as the replacement futon has not arrived at their warehouse and was not given an ETA.

After further probing, I was given an ETA of 12/14/16! The dishonesty with which West Elm treats its customers is apalling and unacceptable to me. I have cancelled my order and asked that the defective product be picked up within the next few weeks. I have been given a date of 11/9/16 for pick-up.

I will be shopping for a futon somewhere else.

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Futon.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments