Resolved
1.5
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Mar 01, 2018

After reaching out to the person who responded here and also on West Elm's Facebook page, they agreed to refund me the shipping cost. It did take another month of checking my bank account, talking to three reps, and the credit mysteriously disappearing in their system multiple times to actually get my money back. But I did.

Original review posted by user Nov 28, 2017

After sending me TONS of emails after I looked at a chandelier, I finally decided to buy it on Cyber Monday because West Elm was splashily advertising "Free Shipping" all over the site. Surprise, the code didn't work.

Then when I called to inquire about getting a refund for the shipping, the rep said that (in tiny print somewhere on the website) chandeliers weren't included in the promo. No exceptions. I asked to cancel the order. Couldn't do it, she said, it was already in progress.

So I asked her what she *could* do. She replied "Thank you for shopping with West Elm" and hung up on me. I had waited almost 20 minutes to speak with someone. WTH?!?

I'm never buying anything here again, and wouldn't have if I'd realized what horrible customer service they had.

Now even if I like the chandelier, I'm just going to feel irritated every time I look at it because of this whole experience. I'll probably return and just eat the shipping.

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Shipping Service.

Comments

WestElmSocialTeam

My name is Katie from the West Elm Social Media Team and I am so sorry for the disappointment the chandelier has caused. I would like to learn more about this experience and if you send your order information to support@westelm.com I'll be in touch with more information soon.

Sincerely,