I ordered a daybed at the beginning of April 2013 and was told it was on back order until the end of May. I patiently waited and at the beginning of June was contacted by their home delivery service to arrange a date for them to deliver. My date was scheduled for a Saturday in late June. The day before my order was to be delivered, I noticed that the bed was refunded to my credit card. I emailed the home delivery person to make sure I was still scheduled to receive the bed, and then sent an email to customer service to see what the problem was. I was told my CS that the bed was put on back order again (I questioned how this was possible since home delivery said my bed had arrived at the warehouse). They said the bed would be back in stock at the beginning of July.

By late July I had not received a shipping confirmation and my order still showed up as on back order on my account. Once again, I reached out to CS (they never made any attempts to notify me of the status of my order) only to bed told that the bed was completely sold out and would never be coming back in stock, so no bed for me. Ever.

The lack of communication and timely updates from West Elm was absolutely appalling. I continuously had to follow up on my own. I am also whole-heatedly convinced that they gave the bed that I had scheduled delivery for to another customer. Why else would I be told that it had arrived at the warehouse??

Review about: West Elm Shipping Service.

Had an Experience with West Elm?

Comments