Mamaroneck, New York
2.4K views

If you own something from West Elm and need a replacement part, good luck. They will replace parts if you bought the item within the past 9 months.

I am looking for a replacement part for a dining room chair (which they still produce), and they won't give or sell me the part. They told me to go to a hardware store. This is not a hardware store item -- it's a plastic piece specifically made for this chair.

Terrible customer service!!! My only option is to completely replace the chair or replace my entire set of chairs.

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Chair.

Preferred solution: I would like the plastic replacement part for my chair..

• no replacement parts

Comments

Same here, we broke the glass globe of our west elm standing light and they dont have spare parts! Go and talk to your « local hardware or lighting store » .... a joke!

I purchased the narrow leg dresser in white lacquer. Setting it down on the rug after moving one leg cracked completely.

I wrote West Elm and was told they are a retailer. I had offered to purchase the leg because right now I purchased some bricks to hold it up. It’s less than two years old and the legs should not snap whenbit is empty. It’s extremely heavy and I assume I’m not the first person this has happened to.

In fact they had to take back the original one I ordered due to damages and broken parts.I requested the name of the manufacturer so I may purchase the replacement leg directly.

Let’s see what the response is. Very very disappointed!

>>>"Terrible customer service!!!My only option is to completely replace the chair or replace my entire set of chairs."

#1206378

I encountered the same thing with a dining chair needing a replacement leg that was defective. This is absurd. No I have one unusable chair.