256 views
2.0

I tried to order a popular sectional (Paidge) three times, and every time I ordered it (I even tried a different configuration) I got an email saying it was out-of-stock. Because the website is ***, I couldn't order it online.

Each time I called to order the item, which I was assured was in-stock, I got an email about 15 minutes later saying that the item was out-of-stock. Of course, West Elm puts a hold on your credit card for a few days before making the funds available again, which is kind of shady. But I'm beginning to wonder if that isn't intentional on their part. I can't believe West Elm/William Sonoma doesn't have a better furniture inventory system.

If WE doesn't have an item in-stock, that should be reflected when you try to order furniture online or through one of the company's customer service reps.

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Sofa.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

West Elm Pros: Telephone customer service reps.

West Elm Cons: Poor customer service and false advertising on online products, False advertising.

Location: New York, New York