Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1.9
Style and Design

Regarding an order I placed on July 25th and currently delayed until potentially December 6. I had no option of ordering an "in stock" item -- they were out, nationwide. The custom fabric choices were all that was left.

Within 12 hours of leaving the store, I changed my mind on the fabric choice. I was told via phone that production of the couch had already started. For that reason, they would have to charge me twice & then refund me at a later time. This issue is now resolved after hours both at my local Philadelphia store and with a phone representative.

Lastly, I am now being given notice that the couch will continue to be delayed from an initial email stating Nov 1 to Nov 15th, to Nov 22 to Dec 6th. This is nearly 5 months from my time of ordering. When I called asking if I could get any more information regarding the delay, I was simply told “that’s the way it is, sorry.”

I hope to never purchase another item from West Elm after all of the difficulties I’ve had with this singular couch, and to advise family/friends of the same. I am truly sorry this is the experience I’ve had.

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Either delivery of a couch sooner (one that perhaps may be in stock) or a sincere price reduction or assertion of a genuine delivery date (versus an ever-changing one).

West Elm Pros: Design aesthetic.

West Elm Cons: Lack of respect for the customer, Phone service and delivery.

Comments

Of note - it is Nov 11th and I've still received no information about upcoming shipment...