179 Wayland Ave, Providence, RI 02906, USA
2.3
Style and Design

We too have experienced severe pilling on our brand new West Elm sectional. The problem started about 10 days after it was delivered and has spread and grown worse with each week/month.

West Elm has been terrible with their customer response: first claiming that it is normal and will go away which to my wife who works in the textile field is laughable. They then suggested, even after sending a sofa medic who also reported the pilling as severe, that there is nothing wrong with the fabric and that "natural" fibers do that. In fact it is the synthetic fibers that are the culprit but far be it from a customer service rep to know that.

In any event we're stuck with a $3000+ sectional which already looks like it needs to be replaced and we've only had it for 5 months. Time to find a consumer lawyer?

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Sofa.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Quality
  • Sofa

Comments

Same problem here with Henry Sofa 76" 4 months in and we cant even sit on it because my wife is so allergic to the fabric now that it is falling apart. They won't refund us because it was a floor model originally. Sucks.

Also don’t buy the product they sell to “help” it. Literally makes it worse.

See below. https://www.westelm.com/m/products/fabric-comb-h2881/?cm_cat=Google&sku=4602384&catalogId=92&cm_ite=4602384&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7qy6n8Xu3gIVgrjACh1n7Q2NEAsYASABEgLjfvD_BwE&cm_ven=PLA&cm_pla=None

Andes sectional sofa? Same thing happened to me.

They told be after 2 months it was expected to have fabric treated for pilling. I travel, live alone and barely use it. So I did and worse. I finally got them to replace and looks the same.

Give up. Going back to paying more for Mitchell gold or Jonathan Adler. Better look better fabric prob 2k more.

West elm is a waste of money. It’s not a deal cause it won’t last half a year.

@Anonymous

Same here ... after few months ...the pilling began ..

and they told me to bring in s section so they can evaluate.. I told them to send over a technician . No reply from them .

Pilling is at o seat ..where the legs meet the sofa .. the back cushions have no issues ..

WestElmSocialTeam

Hello- I'm very sorry to hear you're unhappy with the quality of your sofa. Please email your order details to support@westelm.com, so I can help. -Thank You-Sharla-West Elm Social Media Team

WestElmSocialTeam