Houston, Texas
4.1
Style and Design

I read so many reviews about West Elm. I was shocked by all of the negative comments. Typically I'll discount the worst and best reviews and take to heart the ones in between but West Elm reviews were overwhelming negative and consistent. Items delivered damaged, deliveries taking months and then sometimes people being told after months that what they ordered isn't even available, getting refunds being almost impossible, horrible delivery service, etc. I thought on it for two weeks but I finally took the plunge and ordered furniture because I really wanted a sofa they have. It wasn't a perfectly smooth process, but I was pleasantly (thankfully) surprised as my expectations were pretty low.

7/3/16 Placed order: Brooklyn Leather Sofa, 81", Licorice; Box Frame Coffee Table, Raw Mango / Antique Bronze; Box Frame Narrow Side Table, Raw Mango / Antique Bronze. Immediately got confirmation indicating the side table was on back order until 9/15/16 even though it was listed as in stock when I placed the order. The other two items were due to be delivered between July 18 and August 1.

7/21/16 Received email that items were at the warehouse and ready to have delivery scheduled. I called and scheduled delivery for Friday 7/29 (they only deliver to my area on Fridays).

7/28/16 Received phone call from delivery people confirming they would be here the next day between 1pm-3pm.

7/29/16 Delivery men called to say they were late because they had to cross to the island on the ferry. Understandable, especially on a Friday. No problem. They arrived around 4pm. Super nice and friendly gentlemen. One put the sofa together while the other started to put the coffee table together. Guess what? No hardware included with the coffee table. I watched the delivery men as they unboxed everything which means that the item was sent to the warehouse by West Elm with no hardware. How does something like that happen?

Delivery man called West Elm and arranged for the hardware to be delivered directly to me. I should be able to handle this myself but if I find I'm not the delivery man said to just call and they will take care of it the following Friday.

As I'm moving things where I want them I realize that I don't even have the correct coffee table. It's the wrong size. I ordered the slim one that is 17" wide. This one is 24.5" wide. Apparently the one I purchased was out of stock so they substituted the larger size. Because I don't want the hassle of returning this table and waiting for a new one I'll keep it but I sure would have liked to have been given the option to choose a different table instead of having one chosen for me.

We'll see if the hardware arrives in a timely manner and if my side table arrives soon...with hardware!

In summary, very pleased with delivery. I believe the warehouse is located in Katy, TX. I'm calling them back next week to find out their names and who I can call or email to commend them on their excellent service.

West Elm - I do love my sofa and coffee table even though the table is 7.5" wider than I wanted. The table being shipped without hardware to put it together is bizarre to me. I guess there's no quality control. If you live in the Houston area I feel pretty confident in recommending purchasing delivery items from West Elm based on how great my delivery guys were. I would also call West Elm to ask if they can please ensure everything you purchase will actually be shipped with the hardware to put it together!

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Delivery Service.

Reason of review: On time delivery.

West Elm Pros: Delivery service, Style and design.

West Elm Cons: Coffee table shipped without hardware to assemble, Side table showed in stock but back ordered.

• west elm delivery