I ordered a rug on 6/15/2019 with a scheduled delivery date of 7/7/19. To date, 9/3/2019, I am yet to receive the rug.

I have made several contacts to try and get a realistic delivery date. Today, 9/3/19, I spoke with Casey who told me she could see the rug at the hub, but she suggest I, the customer, make contact with the delivery people to get the rug in transit for delivery to the West Elm store in Atlanta. I just spoke with Noel who assured me the rug will be ready for pick up Friday, 9/6/19. I want to further share, the customer service reps I spoke to before today were extremely rude.

I attempted to cancel the order all together and was told, I could not cancel the order until the rug arrived so I could then process it as a refund. This is my first purchase from West Elm and my last purchase.

I would not recommend doing business with this vendor. Quality of product is one thing, but poor customer service will destroy quality any day of the week.

Preferred solution: I suggest a review of customer service with the staff on how to go the extra mile, putting themselves in the cusotmer shoes, and ask themselves, would you be happy if you were told what you just said to this guest.

Comments

I feel your pain. I too ordered a rug, however, it was delivered to the store timely.

When I took it home the color was all wrong. I returned it, believing I would receive an immediate credit to my card. WRONG!!!! Two weeks later I received a gift card in the mail.

Called customer service, I could feel the obscene gesture she was directing at me through the phone. Really sours you on wanting to continue doing business with people like that.