2.0

It started with my order of a slate placement. I called and told them that its damaged and the customer service told me it is handmade so I should expect it to be not perfect.

I explained to her that I know the difference between imperfections of a handmade item and a damaged item. I asked her if I could exchange it and she said I could but I will have to pay shipping. I also cannot return or exchange it at the store because I ordered it online. I told her that its not fair that I have to pay for return shipping on something that is not my fault.

Nothing I could do so I just decided to keep the damaged item.

Then last night my glass fireplace screen (Willow) arrived. To my dismay, there is a crack on the glass. I called today and the person I spoke with said that I could send back the item and they can send a replacement. While hes processing the return he encounters a system issue which prevents him from generating the return label.

Apparently this is a weird issue that he hasnt seen before but I am now doubting this after seeing the previous reviews in this site.

I am extremely disappointed with West Elm. The style of furniture and decors are nice but so far both my experience ordering online and in the store (unfriendly and snobby sales associates) made me decide to never order from them again.

I didnt think that for what is considered a high end store that they would make returns or just simple dealing with customer issues to be so difficult. No wonder more people are just ordering from Amazon nowadays.

User's recommendation: Don’t order from this store.

Preferred solution: I would like my items to be properly exchanged. .

Comments