My husband purchased a desk lamp from West Elm last October that the company recalled in December due to it being a shock hazard. He was initially told that he would receive a full refund and the Consumer Product Safety Commission and other websites listed "refund" as the promised remedy from West Elm.

My husband shipped the lamp back to West Elm in late December and a month later we received a Merchandise Credit in the amount of the the recalled lamp. We called to explain that we had wanted (and been offered) a refund and the customer service agent told us to cut up the Merchandise Credit card and she would issue the refund back to our credit card. The refund never came through.

Over the last two months, I have called no less than 6 TIMES and been promised each time that they would put through the request for a refund. It's been explained to me that the system keeps kicking it back but they have no good way to override the system. I've had two agents promise to check on the refund and call me after 5 days if it has not gone through (Michelle and Francis). Never received a call.

Horrendous customer service and a substandard "system" if customer service supervisors cannot actually issue a refund.

I've wasted hours of my time trying to recoup a small amount of money and my next step is small claims court, where I will request additional funds for the hours I've spent on the phone with this company in pursuit of the money owed to us since December.

Review about: West Elm Lamp.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments