Verified Reviewer

1.3

After the experience I had buying Christmas stockings through West Elm, I will never shop at West Elm again, and I will actively discourage others from ordering from West Elm as well.

I ordered 5 stockings on 11/18/21. I received 1 on 11/23.

After a 20 minute call with customer service that day, the representative told me that they were sold out but that she found me 4 stockings and issued me a new order number. This order number worked for a couple days until "no longer being found' on the order tracking site. I called on Friday, 12/3/21 and was told they would be delivered on Saturday, 12/4/21 and confirmed the stockings had shipped. I called again on 12/6/21 and was told they never shipped and I'd get a refund for the 4 I never received and now I have to go find a UPS store to return the 1 I did receive so I can be made whole again.

Here's why I'm angry:

Initial order NEVER indicated I would only receive 1/5th of my order. I would have cancelled the order had that been communicated with me in the first place.

2. I was NEVER communicated with that the second order could not be filled. How is this not automatic?

I had to call customer service multiple times. While the customer service people have been nice enough people, I don't want to contact customer service once, let alone 3 times over an order.

4. I had to call to get a refund for an order that they couldn't fill. Why was this not automatic??

What are the chances I don't get a refund?!

5. I was lied to on 12/3/21 by customer service.

The representative told me the order had shipped and would be delivered. Only to find out on 12/6/21 that they'd never shipped.

User's recommendation: Do not shop here.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

West Elm Pros: Merchandise, Design.

West Elm Cons: Misleading information, Lack of ownership of issue.

Comments