West Elm - Review about Desk from Fort Worth, Texas
I ordered a desk unit and two side bookshelves.The desk looks great but has a major design flaw.
When you pull the chair out to sit down, you bash your head on the upper cabinet when leaning forward to sit. Also, if you are standing at the desktop and lean forward to pick something up from the desktop, head bashes into the cabinet. The desktop is not deep enough to allow headroom clearance and is thus ergonomically misdesigned. It is flat out dangerous.
My boyfriend and I have both bashed our heads very hard numerous times. My poor boyfriend is bald and is on blood thinners so he could be really hurt badly. He refuses to use it anymore and that is why we bought it in the first place. Believe me, if an injury occurs I will definitely sue.
I called customer service to complain and they just said that I could send it back at my own expense. That is unacceptable. I should be made whole.
I will take this up with my credit card company.Very bad customer service offering no acceptable solution.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We purchase a leather sofa quite some time ago. We didn't "love" it but we owned it. It was miserably uncomfortable.2 weeks ago we were moving it and happened to..."
- "First, let me start off by adding that we owned a leather couch for almost 8 years prior to this new purchase. We decided to upgrade to a recliner sectional..."
- "After my online purchase experience through West Elm, I will never be shopping at West Elm or any of its related retail branches ever. I ordered this bench and upon..."
- "My son ordered a hoodie without permission / I attempted to cancel immediately / Web site will not allow you to cancel order, must call support line / Support line..."
- "Order flowers all the time for the Villages. Wanted to try a local florist, so I called AVAS and ordered flowers over the phone. Mike suggested a vase with an..."
- "Ordered 4GB of extra RAM for my site hosted using Bluehost VPS plan. Credit card was charged immediately but the RAM never appeared on the machine after several reboots. Contacted..."
- "Bought a pair of New Balance shoes May 25, 2015, The first of July the shoes started coming apart. There is a strip that runs on the bottom..."
- "I purchased one around three years ago for a guess bedroom, I used it twice when my back was bothering me since I can make it a hard solid one,..."
- "Where can I begin!!!! FIRST OFF, save yourself some time and sanity and do not shop online from this fraudulent retailer! They will make the "human error and mistake that..."