West Elm - Review about Emmerson Wood Dining Bench from Burbank, California

167 of 389 West Elm reviews

After my online purchase experience through West Elm, I will never be shopping at West Elm or any of its related retail branches ever. I ordered this bench and upon arrival, there were about 18 drill holes in it. The color was also different from the pictures per trade online. The delivery people indicated that drill holes were part of the design. So I did not accept the item and I sent it back with the people. I thought it would be an simple process to obtain a refund but I had gone through so many incompetent customer service representatives to deal with this.

I called multiple times and had to wait on the call for about 45 minutes. The first person I talked to decided to not issue me a refund. I called again and talk to someone named Deborah Troup. She claimed that there was no management in the Oklahoma office and that she didn't know her manager's is full name. I had asked for a email confirmation of my refund and process and this is what she sent me in the screenshot.

West Elm and Williams Sonoma have officially lost me as a client. I will never be shopping here again. Why does it seem like their operational staff are completely incompetent?

Thank goodness for credit card companies. Chase came through to help me escalate this issue.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Emmerson Wood Dining Bench
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #737733

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with West Elm? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
167 of 389 West Elm reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 11, 2015 #1077180

um. that's exactly what the product is supposed to look like and is stated so in the descriptions. I have this table and bench and love the unique character!

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.