West Elm - Review in Furniture and Decor category from Chicago, Illinois
West Elm's customer service makes empty promises.I purchased a "marble" coffee table that fell apart on its own.
When I initially called customer service on April 1 and explained the issue, I was told it would be replaced as this was a known issue. At the time, the table was on back order and I was to expect to receive it mid-May. I hadn't heard anything by the end of May so I followed up again with customer service. This time I was told the table had been discontinued - was no one ever going to contact and tell me that?!
The individual who I spoke with assured me she would speak to her boss about getting me full credit & would send me an email with the decision - never received the email. So, I reached out gain to customer service a couple weeks ago. This time, I was told someone would call me to schedule a residential pick-up of my table and when the table was received, I would be issued full credit. It has been 10 days now since my last contact and 2.5 months since my initial contact and yet I have not heard from residential pick-up nor have I received any sort of credit.
This is by far my worst experience with customer service.
I do not recommend anyone purchase furniture from West Elm, especially if you expect it to last.I am just hopefull that the dining table and chairs that we purchased from them recently do not fall apart or else we're screwed out of a lot of money.
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Product or service
- Reeve Midcentury Coffee Table
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We have had Jeromes service person to our house three times to look at our sectional because the vinyl fabric started wearing through in the first three months. Each time,..."
- "We ordered a bedroom set priced at over $1000 and made the required monthly payments per our contract. A final payment was made and we were told by the manager..."
- "My husband and I purchased a sectional from Ashley and as the others have stated, the Durablend started peeling. The salesperson had also told us that Durablend was more durable..."
- "I put my checking account information in for ACH payment one Dec. 3, 2016 checked my account weeks later. It showed the payment went through and the balance left was..."
- "Hidious Service! Paid for my order to be priorty shipped & arrive before Christmas! Just received the item a week ago. Good Luck getting a live person on the phone...."
- "Iready is a website that is "educational" for children. Not true! This website is just an excuse to make money as the website is very glitchy and VERY poorly made!..."
- "American Muscle Car in Crystal Lake, run by 'Thomas' is the biggest crook you will ever meet. My father had a comsignment comtract with him that started 11-10-14, my father..."
- "I have commuted between Aurora and Chicago for many years and each year the schedules get more out of whack, the service declines and the delays become more frequent. Not..."
- "Ordered hair form Guangzhou Modern show Hair Products Co.,Ltd company off Aliexpress.com, This company sold me Malaysian Virgin Hair Curly 16,18,20,22. The hair was fine for a weekend then it..."