West Elm's customer service makes empty promises.I purchased a "marble" coffee table that fell apart on its own.
When I initially called customer service on April 1 and explained the issue, I was told it would be replaced as this was a known issue. At the time, the table was on back order and I was to expect to receive it mid-May. I hadn't heard anything by the end of May so I followed up again with customer service. This time I was told the table had been discontinued - was no one ever going to contact and tell me that?!
The individual who I spoke with assured me she would speak to her boss about getting me full credit & would send me an email with the decision - never received the email. So, I reached out gain to customer service a couple weeks ago. This time, I was told someone would call me to schedule a residential pick-up of my table and when the table was received, I would be issued full credit. It has been 10 days now since my last contact and 2.5 months since my initial contact and yet I have not heard from residential pick-up nor have I received any sort of credit.
This is by far my worst experience with customer service.
I do not recommend anyone purchase furniture from West Elm, especially if you expect it to last.I am just hopefull that the dining table and chairs that we purchased from them recently do not fall apart or else we're screwed out of a lot of money.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Style and Design|
- Product or service
- Reeve Midcentury Coffee Table
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "My pillow.com claims if you buy one you get one free. That's a bunch of BS !!! You can get the same my pillow at Wal mart..."
- "Hello John, Thank you for contacting Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. in Arcadia, WI. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your Ashley furniture. All warranties are..."
- "I purchased 4 Driftwood outdoor chairs last year from West Elm, and six months later they started falling apart. I've written to West Elm several times and the only..."
- "I will never do business again with Michelle Evans or her Etsy shop MichiCouture. Here's why I'm very disappointed not only were they not bubble wrapped, only in a silky..."
- "nothing but problems with engine and transmission. I finally decided to change the oil after it was rather sticky even though it didnt require it. Found a much smaller oil..."
- "I purchased Indique Tahitian Wave 24' 3 weeks ago and had it installed. When it came it was excited because of the packaging and the few reviews I saw about..."
- "After owning for only 4 years now, we noticed that the bottom shelf of the cupboard over the couch is coming off. We then checked to see how it is..."
- "delamination on left side panel of slide out and structural issues on rear left and right side screws broke off so the sliders frame is coming apart from the frame..."
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."