West Elm - Review in Furniture and Decor category from Chicago, Illinois
West Elm's customer service makes empty promises.I purchased a "marble" coffee table that fell apart on its own.
When I initially called customer service on April 1 and explained the issue, I was told it would be replaced as this was a known issue. At the time, the table was on back order and I was to expect to receive it mid-May. I hadn't heard anything by the end of May so I followed up again with customer service. This time I was told the table had been discontinued - was no one ever going to contact and tell me that?!
The individual who I spoke with assured me she would speak to her boss about getting me full credit & would send me an email with the decision - never received the email. So, I reached out gain to customer service a couple weeks ago. This time, I was told someone would call me to schedule a residential pick-up of my table and when the table was received, I would be issued full credit. It has been 10 days now since my last contact and 2.5 months since my initial contact and yet I have not heard from residential pick-up nor have I received any sort of credit.
This is by far my worst experience with customer service.
I do not recommend anyone purchase furniture from West Elm, especially if you expect it to last.I am just hopefull that the dining table and chairs that we purchased from them recently do not fall apart or else we're screwed out of a lot of money.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Style and Design|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Product or service
- Reeve Midcentury Coffee Table
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "We purchased two mid-century end tables with drawers to use as night stands approximately 8 months ago. When we received them we noticed a strong paint fume smell to..."
- "I have had my Natuzzi leather sofa and recliner for 10 years. We just moved and my wife insisted on new leather because of the color of our Natuzzi. She..."
- "We purchased a queeen size Serta Mattress set from Mazer in Birmingham Alabama that is defective. I had it picked up and delivered to the house we are buying, but..."
- "Good afternoon, my name is Oxana Donahoe. I want to share the horrible experience about clinic visit Aspen Dental to the address: 1401 North Veterans Parkway, Bloomington, IL 61704. We..."
- "nothing but problems with engine and transmission. I finally decided to change the oil after it was rather sticky even though it didnt require it. Found a much smaller oil..."
- "I purchased Indique Tahitian Wave 24' 3 weeks ago and had it installed. When it came it was excited because of the packaging and the few reviews I saw about..."
- "I fell asleep while burning a Pier One Candle in my home. The material wrapped around the candle caught on fire and did some serious damage to my wall and..."
- "We paid $500 for a Larson security door including installation by a contractor! This door was presented with a video of being beaten with a bat, and a crowbar with..."
- "I have known and respected Jesse Keyes for over 25 years. Jesse Keyes has a successful list of credentials in his academic and professional life. After meeting him at Princeton,..."