1.8

Sent the following email to them.They still haven't responded.

To whom it may concern, I placed an order for a couch on September 1st. This order was given the "white glove service" which allowed for a scheduled delivery. September 6 was sent an email that delivery was ready to be scheduled. Couch was delivered on September 14th.

The man delivering the couch was unable to fit it up the stairs in the package. He said that West Elm could not take the couch back if we took off the packaging which would allow the cushions to come off and possibly allow the couch up the stairs. I had ordered the couch with a gift card. I was told that in order to reorder the couch to a service that would cut the couch, I had to wait 7-10 business days for a new gift card to be delivered, rather than applying the credit to my account.

On October 3rd my husband called to check the status of the gift card. We had spoken to the service that was going to be cutting the couch and had scheduled a tentative date, so we were hoping to know exactly when we could place the order and receive the couch. We were told that the gift card still had not been processed or mailed, but that we could apply the credit to reorder the couch, which is what we had requested originally and were denied. In speaking with Debra M Roy, she informed my husband that the couch needed to be delivered straight to a non-West Elm location and could not be picked up by the company that cuts the couch (a "rule" that was directly contrary to what the company cutting our couch has traditionally done with West Elm, that being picking up the couch at the warehouse).

As we needed to confirm and obtain an address for the couch to be sent, Debra provided my husband her email address to let her know if we wanted to apply the credit and reorder the couch. The next day, on October 4th my husband emailed Debra M Roy with the address and asked a question about the pick up and delivery. When he did not hear back, he emailed for a second time the following day on October 5th to obtain confirmation. On October 8th, he emailed for a third time and still got no response.

On October 10th, I spent 23 minutes on the phone with West Elm. I do not know what customer service representative I spoke to. Because I had been having so much difficulty with the ordering process, I asked to be connected to a manager to ensure that the order went through and I would have confirmation. The manager I spoke to was Mitchell from the leadership team.

He assured me that he would now be overseeing the order and that the couch would be delivered on October 17th to Melo and Sons, the service that I had hired to cut the couch. At 6:47 PM on October 14th, I received an email saying that I needed to call the delivery team at West Elm to schedule a delivery between October 23rd to November 6th. I called West Elm and asked to speak with the person who was supposedly overseeing the order. I was told that I could not speak to Mitchell and instead was connected to Justin, another person on the leadership team.

He told me that he was unable to give me an estimated delivery because the warehouse that does the deliveries was closed. He told me that he would call the original manager (who was working at the time) and request a call back immediately. He also told me that if Justin did not follow up with me, he would call me first thing in the morning with a status update on my order. This was important as I had originally scheduled a cutting to be done on the 17th.

I did not receive a call. I called West Elm today, October 16th at 5:09 and asked to speak with one of the two managers that I spoken to previously, as I were told that they had been noted in the customer notes. After waiting for 16 minutes on hold, I was disconnected. I had a scheduled call at 5:30 so I was unable to call back immediately after.

When I called again at 6:12, I spoke with Penny from Customer Service. At the time, I did not know the names of the managers to whom I had previosuly spoken. I asked for their first names, and Penny refused to give them to me stating that she would get another manager on the line. At that time, I very much regretted not writing down exactly who I spoke to.

After the 25 minutes, I was connected to Jessica from the leadership team. She said that the delivery warehouse was closed so she was unable to check the status of my order but that it would definitely not be delivered on the originally quoted date of October 17th. She provided the managers first names, but would not give me an email for Mitchell or Justin or even send me an email to confirm that we had spoken. She told me that she could not let me speak to them because they were on other service calls.

She told me that she sent Justin an urgent email to call me.

It is now over an hour later and neither manager has called me.I scheduled a service to be done tomorrow and need a status update tonight.

Review about: West Elm Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Style and design.

I didn't like: No compensation offered, Lack of accountabilty, Operational processes.

Had an Experience with West Elm?

Comments

WestElmSocialTeam
West Elm Verified Representative

I am truly sorry for the multiple inconveniences and lack of follow ups.This is not how we expect our customers to be treated.

At your earliest convenience, please email your order information to support@westelm.com, and a member of our Elevated Support Team will contact you shortly to offer their assistance.Thank you, Allison.

to WestElmSocialTeam #1382043

The customer service response was unhelpful.My issue was not with the couch not fitting, it was with the service that I received after.

I was not seeking reimbursement for the couch not fitting. See customer service response (copy and pasted from my email).

Thank you for contacting west elm.

I am very sorry for the difficulty you have experienced with your order. Please know that we do offer guides on how to measure furniture on our site, there are links from the product information page.

We are unable to offer compensation to reimburse you for fees charged by a third party contractor.

Thank you again, and please feel free to contact us with any other questions.

Warm regards, Jennifer D.Customer Service west elm