West Elm - Tall Dresser $ 749 + 80+ shipping fee (NYC)
This dresser is upsetting, it came beautiful, then when you open the draws, you notice how small/short each drawer is in comparison with the depth of its frame.There are 6" empty space in depth between the frame and the drawer.
In NYC apartment, it is a huge waste of space and inefficient design from WestElm to possibly cut production cost? Then you noticed that when you move the drawers, the slid motion is not straight, between left and the right drawer, as one can not be closed until the other is already closed. Then it took me 2 F*ing month to finally made them to pick up, with my schedule of traveling, as if they are not flexible and I have to flexible for them. Finally they came, and told me they are going to call 15 min before arrival, so I told them I am not in my room, but i am getting in the cab 10 minutes away, if there is a traffic, please just wait for few more min as I am really close by.
THREE different person called me tell me they can't wait, when they are suppose to call me 15 min before the picking up time already. I told them the time I spent on the phone talking to each of you that I am getting in the car to my door, could be better spent for me just jump into the car. I got home, the delivery person already left without calling me. Between the time they called me and me getting by the door, it is 17 min.
I got very angry and told them you better come pick this thing up sitting my room for 2 month, otherwise I am putting it on the street. They hang up , and I called the custom service, telling her the same thing, she hang up on me also. At then end, I managed to make the delivery come back in a hour. The most disappointing thing for me is that I liked west elm's retail stores, they look really nice, and staff there are helpful, the exhibition design of the stores are cozy.
Here it goes, this dresser is just like come on, is this your style?if trying to save the production cost to make the inside drawers way smaller and poorly sliding, the furniture is so clumsy when you try to use it, but look good if you do not use it!
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Design aesthetic
What I disliked
- Long wait
- Functional product design not aesthetics
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- West Elm Tall Storage 5 Drawer Dresser
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "BOBS SELLS REFURBISHED FURNITIRE!!! (See Pictures)I am very, very pleased with my Bob's purchase. My wife and I were looking for a new bedroom set. So in..."
- "West Elm is positively pathetic. We had a 20 year family reunion coming up and needed a new sectional for the big occasion. We made the purchase decision based on..."
- "West Elm's customer service makes empty promises. I purchased a "marble" coffee table that fell apart on its own. When I initially called customer service on April 1..."
- "While getting ready for work, i had the instyler heating up. All of a sudden a loud bang and a flash, and thank god it tripped the circuit and..."
- "On May 4, 2012, I bid on and won a Canon Powershot SD4000IS (item # 290703644697 ) for $113 from eBay seller Spital911. I had been looking for one of..."
- "I want to say i was excited when i rolled across this karenbarn ,but behold i did not know i was buying a box of junk ... I should have listen..."
- "I ordered something on ali express and made payment through my debit card. Amount got debited from my account. but i cancelled order before verification. although payment has been made..."
- "I've been a loyal Jawbone customer for...ever, it seems. My UP3 tracker started cracking and is now broken. They're phone support is down. Its been at least 3+days. I could..."
- "We paid $500 for a Larson security door including installation by a contractor! This door was presented with a video of being beaten with a bat, and a crowbar with..."