West Elm - Tall Dresser $ 749 + 80+ shipping fee (NYC)

211 of 389 West Elm reviews

This dresser is upsetting, it came beautiful, then when you open the draws, you notice how small/short each drawer is in comparison with the depth of its frame.There are 6" empty space in depth between the frame and the drawer.

In NYC apartment, it is a huge waste of space and inefficient design from WestElm to possibly cut production cost? Then you noticed that when you move the drawers, the slid motion is not straight, between left and the right drawer, as one can not be closed until the other is already closed. Then it took me 2 F*ing month to finally made them to pick up, with my schedule of traveling, as if they are not flexible and I have to flexible for them. Finally they came, and told me they are going to call 15 min before arrival, so I told them I am not in my room, but i am getting in the cab 10 minutes away, if there is a traffic, please just wait for few more min as I am really close by.

THREE different person called me tell me they can't wait, when they are suppose to call me 15 min before the picking up time already. I told them the time I spent on the phone talking to each of you that I am getting in the car to my door, could be better spent for me just jump into the car. I got home, the delivery person already left without calling me. Between the time they called me and me getting by the door, it is 17 min.

I got very angry and told them you better come pick this thing up sitting my room for 2 month, otherwise I am putting it on the street. They hang up , and I called the custom service, telling her the same thing, she hang up on me also. At then end, I managed to make the delivery come back in a hour. The most disappointing thing for me is that I liked west elm's retail stores, they look really nice, and staff there are helpful, the exhibition design of the stores are cozy.

Here it goes, this dresser is just like come on, is this your style?if trying to save the production cost to make the inside drawers way smaller and poorly sliding, the furniture is so clumsy when you try to use it, but look good if you do not use it!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Design aesthetic
  • What I disliked
    • Long wait
    • Delivery
    • Functional product design not aesthetics

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
West Elm Tall Storage 5 Drawer Dresser
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #689410 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with West Elm? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
211 of 389 West Elm reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.