This dresser is upsetting, it came beautiful, then when you open the draws, you notice how small/short each drawer is in comparison with the depth of its frame.There are 6" empty space in depth between the frame and the drawer.
In NYC apartment, it is a huge waste of space and inefficient design from WestElm to possibly cut production cost? Then you noticed that when you move the drawers, the slid motion is not straight, between left and the right drawer, as one can not be closed until the other is already closed. Then it took me 2 F*ing month to finally made them to pick up, with my schedule of traveling, as if they are not flexible and I have to flexible for them. Finally they came, and told me they are going to call 15 min before arrival, so I told them I am not in my room, but i am getting in the cab 10 minutes away, if there is a traffic, please just wait for few more min as I am really close by.
THREE different person called me tell me they can't wait, when they are suppose to call me 15 min before the picking up time already. I told them the time I spent on the phone talking to each of you that I am getting in the car to my door, could be better spent for me just jump into the car. I got home, the delivery person already left without calling me. Between the time they called me and me getting by the door, it is 17 min.
I got very angry and told them you better come pick this thing up sitting my room for 2 month, otherwise I am putting it on the street. They hang up , and I called the custom service, telling her the same thing, she hang up on me also. At then end, I managed to make the delivery come back in a hour. The most disappointing thing for me is that I liked west elm's retail stores, they look really nice, and staff there are helpful, the exhibition design of the stores are cozy.
Here it goes, this dresser is just like come on, is this your style?if trying to save the production cost to make the inside drawers way smaller and poorly sliding, the furniture is so clumsy when you try to use it, but look good if you do not use it!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
- Design aesthetic
What I disliked
- Long wait
- Functional product design not aesthetics
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- West Elm Tall Storage 5 Drawer Dresser
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "i bought the Jardine outdoor dining table with matching benches and end chairs in 2012. Spent close to $2000 on it and the table and one bench is literally disintegrating...."
- "First we ordered a daybed. It showed up marred with some poor attempts at repair--most likely with white out. I contacted customer service to exchange and they said it would..."
- "West Elm is positively pathetic. We had a 20 year family reunion coming up and needed a new sectional for the big occasion. We made the purchase decision based on..."
- "I hired Howard Tanner Esq located at 30 Vesey St, New York, NY, Phone # (212) 962-1333 to defend me in court because I was arrested for shoplifting. I am..."
- "I received the dolls and they are wrapped in plastic. Missing hair, three "heels" on their shoes, paper dresses, glitter falling off all over them. Poor sound quality...."
- "The worst customer service I've experienced in years, but that matches the quality of the product. I wanted a decent wig to wear on bad hair days. I could have..."
- "I received a "Lucky 7 Bamboo" plant from my son for my birthday. It came with a container that was 4 times the size of the plant and stones..."
- "The counters at budget always try to upswell no matter what city I'm renting from and the answer is always no with exception of my last experience. The car was..."
- "Calling every week this is the 10th time. Told me couple time i will still get my number i want to get call back press blaah blaah no one haven't..."