61 views
Verified Reviewer

1.5

The first email I received in the morning of the delivery said the delivery would not be done in the time period confirmed. I called customer service and the woman I spoke with said, "that's wrong, they have to deliver within the time period agreed upon, it's in their contract".

I asked her to verify the email was incorrect. She came back on the line and said "the time period can change, even though it was committed to in the email". I asked why she was giving me conflicting information and asked what lie she was giving me was closer to the truth". I asked for a supervisor and she said, "why do you need a supervisor?

I gave you the information". I told her I did not appreciate her lies and wanted a supervisor. She said the supervisor was too busy to speak with me.

The drivers did deliver in the time period with minutes to spare. The tables were left and the drivers drove off.

I moved the tables to find out one was missing the brackets to hold the marble safely in place in 3 tables. I called customer service and the rep said she would call the drivers and see if they were nearby and call me back. Instead the delivery person called me back. when I told him what was wrong he said, "Oh yeah, I noticed it was wobbly when I was unwrapping it".

Yet he delivered it without mentioning the issue!

Then I called customer service. I explained that I was unhappy with the entire experience regarding the delivery and the items needed to go back. I explained that I was leaving the home in 30 minutes for 5 weeks while the home undergoes renovations and updates. I was told once again, they would get back to me and hung up before I could ask when.

I then doubted I'd ever hear back from customer service and I called the Palm Springs store where i originally placed the order.

I explained on the phone to one sales rep (Tom) what was going on, he asked me to hold and he would have me talk with Topher the manager. I was then disconnected. I called back and Tom said Topher was too busy to speak with me but I should return the items to the store. I explained my car was already packed and I was leaving to drive the 110 miles back to my home primary home and reminded him I had paid extra for white glove service!

He apologized and gave me another phone number for customer service to try with the promise it's the one they use in the store. I tried the number and it is only available and staffed Monday through Friday and to call back then.

I called the store again and spoke with Suzanne who originally wrote up the order for me. She said she was surprised that all this had happened. She suggested I drive the 6 tables in my car to the store.

I explained it was a major inconvenience. but would consider unloading my car, figuring out how to fit 6 tables in my small SUV and deliver it to the store. She said, "you are a mad man, your crazy!". Which having family members with mental illness I found to be inappropriate, unprofessional, and not the image for an employee of this company.

I hung up at this point and started to send my attorney an email for legal assistance.

I then got a call back from the someone in customer service who wanted to schedule a new delivery of replacement tables.

I explained after all of what I experienced I had no faith that the company could deliver any products that had gone through quality control, had drivers who cared enough to show the customer there were issues with a delivery that they had found, or had customer service that actually provided service. She quickly said "fine, I'll put you down for a return and you will get an email to schedule a pick up of the items". Needless to say, between the delivery drivers, customer service reps who lied, and sales reps who are unprofessional and need sensitivity and cultural awareness training I want this to be behind me and to get a full refund. Two days have passed and they have not sent the email email info to book the pick up of the items.

return.

review sites. Don'rtDon'

User's recommendation: Don't buy anything from this company...

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Table.

West Elm Cons: Inferior products, Undependable deliveries, Unprofessional sales staff and management, Customer service which openly lies to customers.

Comments