The chairs look great and the price is right.Problems started about 6 months after we bought them.
The armrests split, but we just screwed them together. A couple of the legs came loose, but a few screws fixed that too. Two years later, the chairs are disintegrating, they crumbled to pieces as we carried them to the truck for their trip to the dump. The legs and frame have rotted.
There is some kind of weird fungus growing in the arm rest cracks (It's pretty dry here, it's not like we live in the jungle or on the coast.) The chairs get hit by maybe 4-5 hours of sun, shade the rest of the day. I think patio furniture ought to last longer than a couple years. I've got patio furniture from Target that looks great 15 years later. We contacted West Elm and basically they told us that the chairs should have been covered and kept out of the sun.
Seriously? It's OUTDOOR FURNITURE. They called it "normal wear and tear". I don't think utter destruction from mild use in mild to moderate environmental conditions to be "normal wear and tear".
I'd call it "poor quality material that was never meant to be used outdoors". These chairs were a colossal waste of money, and they are headed for the dump tomorrow. The customer service from West Elm was poor, they don't back their products at all.
The lack of reviews on their website should have been a red flag.We will never buy furniture from them again.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Reps were friendly
What I disliked
- Furniture is of abysmal quality
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- West Elm Jardine Single Lounger
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My husband and I purchased a sectional from Ashley and as the others have stated, the Durablend started peeling. The salesperson had also told us that Durablend was more durable..."
- "We purchased two mid-century end tables with drawers to use as night stands approximately 8 months ago. When we received them we noticed a strong paint fume smell to..."
- "Poor delivery service. Delivery team assembled a bed I bought. Stripped all the screws. Bed was not level, not sturdy and uneven. I have been trying to work with customer..."
- "I signed a contract with Re-Bath 8 months ago and I am still waiting for my project to be completed and the repairs done to the areas they damaged during..."
- "i had ordered for magnetic iphone cable through facebook ad and got linked to shopify for order. I used my credit card for fulfilling the payment and amount of $14.95..."
- "Iready is a website that is "educational" for children. Not true! This website is just an excuse to make money as the website is very glitchy and VERY poorly made!..."
- "I just came from Arby's over on Ft. Union Blvd and the Turkey N Cheddar sandwich I ordered has ice-cold turkey in it! Even the cheese was cold! It's as..."
- "Our credit card on file got lost and has been replaced. It has been several months that we never went to work out & later found out there's penalties &..."
- "I ordered a t-shirt for my husband on 11/13/15 and I received an email on Wednesday, 11/25/15 stating it was "delayed due to the large number of orders." I..."