Allen, Texas
100% full Not resolved

The chairs look great and the price is right.Problems started about 6 months after we bought them.

Related: West Elm - Worsted outdoor furniture ever

The armrests split, but we just screwed them together. A couple of the legs came loose, but a few screws fixed that too. Two years later, the chairs are disintegrating, they crumbled to pieces as we carried them to the truck for their trip to the dump. The legs and frame have rotted.

There is some kind of weird fungus growing in the arm rest cracks (It's pretty dry here, it's not like we live in the jungle or on the coast.) The chairs get hit by maybe 4-5 hours of sun, shade the rest of the day. I think patio furniture ought to last longer than a couple years. I've got patio furniture from Target that looks great 15 years later. We contacted West Elm and basically they told us that the chairs should have been covered and kept out of the sun.

Seriously? It's OUTDOOR FURNITURE. They called it "normal wear and tear". I don't think utter destruction from mild use in mild to moderate environmental conditions to be "normal wear and tear".

I'd call it "poor quality material that was never meant to be used outdoors". These chairs were a colossal waste of money, and they are headed for the dump tomorrow. The customer service from West Elm was poor, they don't back their products at all.

The lack of reviews on their website should have been a red flag.We will never buy furniture from them again.

Review about: West Elm Jardine Single Lounger.

I liked: Reps were friendly.

I didn't like: Furniture is of abysmal quality.

2.7
PRODUCT OR SERVICE West Elm Outdoor Furniture
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $800
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with West Elm?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.