1.3

I ordered three dining chairs from West Elm. I have not even received them yet, but I guarantee to you that no matter how wonderful these chairs are I will NEVER order from West Elm again due to the shipping experience.

West Elm shipped all three of these chairs as three separate deliveries with three different tracking numbers. Two were scheduled to be delivered on a Friday and one on a Saturday a weekend that I would be away visiting family. I called UPS and tried to change the delivery date. They told me they were unable to do so because West Elm has restricted the options for the seller to change the delivery date.

I called West Elm. They told me there was nothing they could do because UPS did not allow them to change the delivery date. After much arguing, they agreed to send UPS an e-mail request.

Fast forward three hours, I again call UPS. They never received any e-mails and told me that West Elm needs to call. I called West Elm. They told me there is nothing they can do. Again, after much arguing they called UPS and got them to hold the chairs in a shipping location half an hour away for me to pick up within 3 days (not what I wanted - I wanted them to be delivered a day that I would be home...but at least obtainable...). The next day, I get a notification that one of the packages is being delivered today. Apparently West Elm got them to hold two of the packages, and not the third. I am now on the phone, once again, trying to get West Elm to call UPS to hold the third.

Assuming I manage this, I will now have to cancel work in order to drive half an hour away to pick up these chairs (hopefully they fit in my car). Also I have now spent about 3 hours on the phone or on hold at this point.

These chairs better cook me my dinner. In the meantime, DO NOT ORDER FROM WEST ELM.

UPDATE: I am still on the phone. Why??? Because West Elm told me they would call UPS to sort it out and they put me on hold. I waited on hold for 20 minutes while they supposedly called UPS and then they hung up on me. I am calling yet again.

UPDATE: I finally reached West Elm again. After another fun 30 minutes on hold they informed me that there is nothing they can do. The third chair will attempt to be delivered today (when I will not be able to sign for it, so it will be returned). Furthermore, they informed me that the first two chairs cannot actually be held for me to pick up, and they will be delivered Monday (again, when I will not be able to sign for them because I work, so they will be returned). At this point I said fine, when they get back to you I want a refund. I will buy chairs elsewhere. Thanks West Elm for wasting four hours of my time with my family for nothing!

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I didn't like: Rotten appalling customer service.

Company wrote 1 private and 0 public responses to the review from Nov 24.

Comments