Portland, Oregon
2.8
Style and Design

I can't think of a company this bad in terms of over-priced shipping + surcharges (bought a bed, shipping itself was almost $200. Even Crate and Barrel doesn't charge that much. Plus any additional item, even small ones, are tacked onto the already absurd shipping fee).

Long story short, like many experiences described on this site, the delivery company was absolutely inept at shipping. They failed to show up TWICE, after I stayed home and waited for them. Customer service was extremely incompetent, and I waited at least 30 min on hold each time (looks like everyone else also has major issues with them). They had no idea what was going on, and did not note the situation in the records such that I had to repeat what had happened each time. Did not get compensated in any way. Probably wasted at least 4 hours of my life talking to these people..

Another issue: LONG LONG back ordered merch. They don't tell you when you order that it'll be months before they *know* if they have the merchandise in stock. I bought some curtains, they said it'd be delivered in two weeks, 3 weeks go by, the date is changed to a later date, then to another later date, then it's currently available for next year. Are you *** kidding me? PLUS THEY DO NOT NOTIFY YOU OF THIS!! You have to check the order status through the website. I seriously love a lot of west elm designs but they are a money grubby, incompetent, unprofessional company. I will just pay a little extra for Crate and Barrel, where the delivery charges are not obscene and where they ship merchandise when they say they will!

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

OMG, it isn't just me! I'm in Bend, and the delivery service out of Portland to our area is THE WORST!

I experience soooo many errors (not calling to confirm delivery, showing up on a day I specifically said I wouldn't be here, reporting to West Elm that I had "refused delivery" when they told me my second item wasn't ready or on the truck, not ever showing up after calling and saying they were on their way).

Horrible, horrible service.